Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a look and test drive the new Ram Dodge. They are impressive.

After a lifetime of GM products [and no complaints, GM has given me excellent service] I drove a Ram, then promptly when in the sales office and bought one.

After 1200 miles I am completely satisfied and consider it a quality product. Quite, smooth, refined.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Gm guy here. 24000 miles needed cam and lifters! 2017 silverado 1500 6.2. 8speed transmission shifts crappy. Very disappointed. Trading it this spring. Haven't decided with who to go with.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
11 Silverado 1500 ext cab. Both rear window regulators failed and likely had only been used less than 15 times in 7 years. I replaced both. Last night I accidentally pushed the passenger rear window button instead of the front window button. Down in the door went the window. Bad part is that it had begun drizzling as a storm was entering soCal for a couple days. It was 10pm and I thought "wtf?
I managed to get some duct tape stuck to the exposed 1/8th" edge of the top of the window and was able to get it fully closed. I duct taped the window to the outer door
and it appeared it would handle the weather. Got inside, hit the computer, found the part on autozone website, called them, asked them to look up my phone# and check if I bought that from them. Turns out I had and it has a lifetime warranty. So off to the parts house I went and bought it. I'll get the money back when I return the defective cheap
Chinese made POS regulator. I guess GM uses the Dorman shit as well as that's two that failed already. The truck only has 54k miles on it. It is highly unlikely I will ever buy another Chevrolet Truck again. FUCK YOU GM. My 54 year old Chevelle windows have never failed you cheap son's o bitch rip off Mofo's. And FUCK your third world Engineers too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
my 05 Dodge 5.9 has 559385 miles. Runs great no problems. Just normal wear and tear. First Dodge owned and will not go back to GM....

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
11 Silverado 1500 ext cab. Both rear window regulators failed and likely had only been used less than 15 times in 7 years. I replaced both. Last night I accidentally pushed the passenger rear window button instead of the front window button. Down in the door went the window. Bad part is that it had begun drizzling as a storm was entering soCal for a couple days. It was 10pm and I thought "wtf?
I managed to get some duct tape stuck to the exposed 1/8th" edge of the top of the window and was able to get it fully closed. I duct taped the window to the outer door
and it appeared it would handle the weather. Got inside, hit the computer, found the part on autozone website, called them, asked them to look up my phone# and check if I bought that from them. Turns out I had and it has a lifetime warranty. So off to the parts house I went and bought it. I'll get the money back when I return the defective cheap
Chinese made POS regulator. I guess GM uses the Dorman shit as well as that's two that failed already. The truck only has 54k miles on it. It is highly unlikely I will ever buy another Chevrolet Truck again. FUCK YOU GM. My 54 year old Chevelle windows have never failed you cheap son's o bitch rip off Mofo's. And FUCK your third world Engineers too.
LOL. I have an '04 Silverado standard cab work truck that has only 54k or so on it. I have replaced the driver's side window regulator 3 times and the passenger's side once already.

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Bet I have put in over 2000 power window motors in my lifetime working for GM in 25 years. Pure junk.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm astounded at the cost of the trucks and around here- Dodge and GM the box sides rust out quick, don't pay too much attention to Ford.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Gm guy here. 24000 miles needed cam and lifters! 2017 silverado 1500 6.2. 8speed transmission shifts crappy. Very disappointed. Trading it this spring. Haven't decided with who to go with.
did you go get the converter and fluid recall done?

·
Registered
98 Posts
we have a mix of vehicles in our fleet at work, 18 chevy 1500 5.3 for the shop truck, dodge 5500s, f3/4/550s, and another depo has chevy 7500s. our brand new 18 dodge 5500s suck major ass, always in the shop and eat def like a mother fucker. our shop 1500 has been great, and the fords have occasional issues but nowhere near as bad as the dodges. They are also all service trucks(cab and chassis with a toolbox body)

·
Chief Curmudgeon
13,057 Posts
I buy gently used trucks when I need to replace one

I will never buy new again

Let the suckers take the initial depreciation

;)

·
Registered
943 Posts
I buy gently used trucks when I need to replace one

I will never buy new again

Let the suckers take the initial depreciation

;)
I completely understand the logic here, but I don’t trust anyone to properly maintain or care for their vehicles anymore. I watch too many videos of some punk beating the crap out of his dad’s brand new 4x4 at the dunes. Hell, my brother is a mechanic and only changes his oil every 2 years on his daily driver. And I am talking 30,000 miles. Maybe I am too paranoid.

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,882 Posts
Ram? No thanks. For as long as they spent at the bottom in terms of quality, it's gonna take a lot more than one person's opinion. FCA has been garbage for so long, it's hard to imagine they made a 180* turnaround already.

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,882 Posts
You're a bitch. 2 regulators in a 9 yr old truck and you act like it's an actual problem. They're easy as fuck to replace. And the truck is 9 fucking years old. :lol:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Got a new GMC in 1977. Always buy a new truck every three years, Bought a new Ram in 2005 and never looked back.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
LOL. I have an '04 Silverado standard cab work truck that has only 54k or so on it. I have replaced the driver's side window regulator 3 times and the passenger's side once already.
Exactly. Nothing wrong with my 54 year old Chevelle windows. This happens when bean counters run the show. This is why the taxpayer had to bail out GM in the first place. GM doesn't give a fuck about their customer or their product quality.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts