Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SBF Victor Jr. Head, I was doing some port work. Actually on the last Intake runner. And I ported thru in the pushrod area. I got pissed and walked away for the night and need to do some measuring but it looked like it was identical to other ports in that area and they are fine. I know that these heads have 3/8 guide plates and Im wondering if the pushrod hole area was drilled out?:confused: I really cant believe how little I removed in this area to have it poke thru. I know someone with Pro Comp heads that were ported slightly larger than a 1262R and had no problems.:rolleyes: Well just wondering if anyone knows the diameter of the pushrod hole? Also what is the prefered method to fix and that will be best for flow? Epoxy? Or put a sleeve in? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris would you epoxy, weld, or sleeve it? More Money:smt078

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Yes, use a 5/8" drill bit, and use some 1/2" copper tubing from local hardware store. All stuff that you can get ahold of easily, and do yourself. After the sleeve is in, add alittle epoxy to help seal the area up.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
To me, that is the best way to go about it, by blowing through them. I would use a sleeve for it and ream the hole out to the proper size before you port it..then just port right into it. The pinch will come back after the sleevs is installed which is fine. I do it very often. No need for epoxy when you run the sleeves as they are press fit and loctited..Same goes for the center bolt on some heads that are in siamesed ports. Ream, port and sleeve.. Sometimes I offset ream the PR hole and move the PR over and use an offset lifter or rocker to get the bigger Pr out of the way..just some ideas..

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a ton guys, it will be a hell of a load of my mind getting this taken care of.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I agree Bad, but some don't have the setup to run press fit stuff. That is why I posted the to easy locate stuff!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
"Lets start building something togethor." Is Jimmy Johnson going to help you put those sleeves in?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:confused::confused::confused::confused:Did you jump time V??? :smt033Yes I went to lowes. 1/2 copper pipe. Tubing is super thin wall, and sells coiled up. Also there is type L and type M The L wall thickness is a little thicker and thats what I got. I will let ya know...Whats this building something togethor? Little E may come by, but no J.J. Roush may swing by as well. You want to put my Bennent cam and vic Jr's on your 420" and that Shark plate? Will do a little test on that block:rolleyes: Get the stuff with blue lettering, stamping on it. got 5 ft. for 10.86...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Do you not watch tv commercials anymore?:confused: "Lets start building something togethor" is the slogan for all the Lowes ads. You dissapoint me, I figured you would catch on to that in a heart beat. Now get your heads done. No I don't want your Jr's (unless you hog them out to match my heads) maybe the Bennet cam with my heads & a 150 hit.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was slipping, V. Won't let it happen again. I try not to pay attention to the 48 car and any commercials he's in. I've seen enough of his Bitch ass the last few years.....;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts