Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With our 565 360 dart headed motor in 60 degree weather 2 weeks ago were spraying 2 kits
with the timing down to 15* total an fuel was set at 4psi on both an the car ran really good but knocked off #2 & #8 straps so i would like to no what would you guys do pull more timing out like 3 to 4 degrees or up the fuel psi? i no we've got to read the pulgs but im looking for the safe way to start again with out hurting it again

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
pull 2 more total, and 4 on the cylinders that nuked..

4 psi ??? dont know your spread

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
what is scary to me is, with very low FP, a small flucuation is a big percentage change..

4# may correct for his spread and motor, but he could bump it up a bit then change the spread.

·
Registered
203 Posts
sounds like to much fuel

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Add some fuel pull some timing ,4 lbs seems low to me
1badimport
We have a 10 jet spread on our first kit at 4 1/4 lb on the fuel psi and still show a slight gray ring on the plugs, Everyones stuff is not the same..

The other thing to think about is everyones is not using the same flow gauge... My shit could read 3 lbs but the plugs could look great :smt102 the guage is really just giving me a reference number for tuning, its not the end all be all in my mind..

The original poster needs to post more info and some pictures of the plugs he's asked the question about... But going off just what he posted it would appear he has a couple overtimed cylinders,Maybe he has to much timing in general and those two are just more sensative then the other cylinders, like mikie posted above, i've always been told to much timing is what eats strap's:smt102

I've also learned from monte that you need to do one thing at a time... He had us get our fuel close, then start worrying about timing.. But he started us off with " safe" timing numbers to begin with based off his knowledge of various combo's.... I dont ever change fuel and timing at once... I do one or the other and go from there, his reasoning was if you play with both at once, you more then likely will wind up chasing your tail...

Jay

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
This is true, when we broke ours the first time around i made a dumb mistake and we had it real rich with all the retard i had coming out.. Surely did some ring land damage, then came the oil, then came the number 6 plug missing its strap and parts of the threads..lol.. Live and learn...

·
Super Moderator
12,136 Posts
If it were mine I would look at a couple of this. One would be getting fuel pressure back above 5 PSI and adjusting the jet spread accordingly and two would be to pull a little more timing out and see where your at.. SJ

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
i tried to run my plate with lower than 6 lbs and it pulsated.now i know gage might not be accurate(autometer) but i know with my junk i run it at 6 1/2 lbs cause i dont want it to "pulsate" just throwing it out there cause you said u have low fp. good luck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts