Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
While I agree, I don't know anyone who entered college and went from being conservative to liberal. I actually know a few who started out liberal and changed, at least to more moderate. For the most part, it all begins at home.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I have a daughter at MSU and she say's most kids are conservative that she hanges with but the ones that are liberal are way liberal and so are the parents. I have a older step daughter that I basically raised and she is liberal but when you ask her position on different subjects she really is conservative. Not cool to be 35 and vote for Trump. She really does get her news from Bullshit comedy central, but when you press her on issues's she doesn't know shit, just spews the shit she hears.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Why should higher education get any public funding at all?

I saw a proposal a while back that I thought was interesting. Make colleges do their own student loan financing. They wouldn't be so apt to give out worthless degrees if they know they won't get paid back from someone that can't find a job with it. They also would most likely start streamlining required classes to look more like tech schools. Why make someone take a class that has nothing to do with their major. It would probably act as a cost control also. It people can't pay it back they would have to control prices so they could.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I saw a proposal a while back that I thought was interesting. Make colleges do their own student loan financing. They wouldn't be so apt to give out worthless degrees if they know they won't get paid back from someone that can't find a job with it. They also would most likely start streamlining required classes to look more like tech schools. Why make someone take a class that has nothing to do with their major. It would probably act as a cost control also. It people can't pay it back they would have to control prices so they could.
This is a fantastic idea

·
Wannabe Racer
6,700 Posts
Why should higher education get any public funding at all?

Unfortunately, most anything the Government touches, regardless of intent, they ruin. The government loans and guarantees have damaged the higher education funding model and the associated costs.

·
Titanium Member
12,283 Posts
Theres college funding?
I was told if I drove to the financial meeting the school had,there was no money for me(my kids).

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Most colleges have Liberal and Conservative clubs. The Liberal clubs seem to have more activity. Why? My guess is that they are comprised of Arts, History, etc ... type majors while the Conservative clubs have more business type majors. Takes more time to study business, thus less time for club activities. The poor engineering students only have time to study (at least I know I didn't have time for on-campus political club bullshit).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.