Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I'm wondering if there is an official rule on this or if it is a judgment call. Couple scenerios come to mind. Let's say you have a current 8.50 cage and you want to convert your door bars to swing out bars, which are allowed. Do you need to get a re-certification or are you o.k. Or you have a current 7.50 chassis and you have a shop enlarge the funny car cage for more room, following the book. Would you need a re-cert in that case?

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
I didn't get any recertified when I changed things that were not detrimental to the chassis. I converted one to 7.50 from 8.50 and left it 8.50 til the following year. Couldn't get anyone to get it recertified after I did it.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know you can always add, going above minimum requirements which it sounds like you did and that makes sense. The two scenarios I was describing do alter or change required bars.

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
I would say it wouldn't need a re-cert if the appropriate changes are made to exist within that spec. There are some tracks that don't care if you have a cert or not, I have seen tech guys pull out a sonic meter and spot check cars. I believe Orangburg, SC is one of them. I don't blame them, I'm hardcore on safety as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts