Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Just got done chatting with the "new" guys about motor. Seems like carb idle screws way off, MSD box is old and may have a little to do with it and dist not locked out and timing jumped to 40. He locked it it at 34, adjusted screws and idle still @900 but got rwt @725 (almost 100 more than when he started). Going to changed dist and get upgraded MSD box so were rolling now. Need to think now on carb as he said he can get me another carb(can't remember name) and says it will give me another 100+ on motor (putting me at or slightly over 1000) but at a price as everything is. Good news is issue is fixed (he''ll get it to 1000rpm in gear) just now do I or don't on carb. And also getting cage put in while they have it. Thanks to all for replies

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
me? Dubious on another 100hp from a carb change at your level.....maybe I'm wrong....your two initial issues were the distributor not being locked out and the fact the carb was off the idle circuit.....interesting that 34 degrees is where your new tuner wants it....

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
OP, I just read your latest answer again....be careful with your decisions.....if your present MSD box handled banging out 725 horses, then I doubt an "upgraded" box will impress you with lots more power.....and the same applies to your existing distributor....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Yea, I'd like more info on the 100hp gain on carb also, As for the box and dist, they been on the car for a while now and since everything is new should do these also

41 - 45 of 45 Posts