Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
too large to fit, i was looking at a pt7675.. but not sure
that turbo won't get it done, you could do a t4 hot sided s400 based unit to save a bit of space.

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
ideally ? whats the ET goal and if you looking for 800whp exactly what are you measuring with ?
what type of dyno ?

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
its for a buddys street car, around 800 on a mustang dyno in a 06 gto with a stick
t56 eh, dammit that means a stuffy hotside to get the thing to run halway decent. Let me poor over some data i'll get back to you later.

·
Chupa Cabra
9,821 Posts

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
Are you saying a 76mm turbo won't make 800whp out of a 6L motor?
On my dyno, No it won't. thats why I asked what dyno he was planning to use for the measurement. I pulled a bunch of dyno sheets, I don't really see any turbo combos we have dyno'd that are comparable enough to make a solid recommendation on a turbo size.

I am leaning towards recommending a pair of turbo's in the gt35ish range. Might come up a bit short on HP or maybe a bit over but should spool really really well.Stick shift mandates better boost building and recovery on the shift to make the car worth a damn.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
On my dyno, No it won't. thats why I asked what dyno he was planning to use for the measurement. I pulled a bunch of dyno sheets, I don't really see any turbo combos we have dyno'd that are comparable enough to make a solid recommendation on a turbo size.

I am leaning towards recommending a pair of turbo's in the gt35ish range. Might come up a bit short on HP or maybe a bit over but should spool really really well.Stick shift mandates better boost building and recovery on the shift to make the car worth a damn.
How much drivetrain lost is associated with a t56?

I have seen 76mm turbo's push similar displacement cars into the 8's at 3200lbs+

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
What were the cubic inch? Gotta think about that. Precision isnt really known for having good breathing big T4 chassis stuff.. The 7675 would do it.... But it will have backpressure issues. 3.5 inch downpipe just isnt enough for that. plus the cars a stick..... Ever driven a big single stick car?

I agree that twins would be a better option. Quicker to spool and respond. Also considering this is a GTO.... Might be easier to package too.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
What were the cubic inch? Gotta think about that. Precision isnt really known for having good breathing big T4 chassis stuff.. The 7675 would do it.... But it will have backpressure issues. 3.5 inch downpipe just isnt enough for that. plus the cars a stick..... Ever driven a big single stick car?

I agree that twins would be a better option. Quicker to spool and respond. Also considering this is a GTO.... Might be easier to package too.
355ci hence why I said similar displacement. Fast enough to set the NMCA street radial record for ET and MPH on a 76mm turbo([email protected]). Guess precisions stuff breathes pretty well. ;)

·
Registered
576 Posts
My buddy has a 378ci forged LS3 with ported L92 heads/LS3 intake and made 960rwhp with a GTS76 turbo and some upgraded wheels. T56 and it runs a 3" downpipe due to space restrictions then into a 3.5" exhaust. 14psi on e85 fuel.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Depends on what it is. That turbine wheel works a whole helluva lot better with the 76 than it does the others. Does precision offer a 76mm compressor with the 85mm turbine like the PT88 has and in that frame? I know they offer it gt42 style but the price on those is stupid. A regular 7685 T4 would be mo betta.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
And some upgraded wheels...

Boys... Theres a catch to everything. Yall aught to know this by now.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Catch? I simply stated a 76mm turbo should be capable of making that power with that size displacement motor. I didn't say with nitrous or anything like that lol but I also didn't give the specs on the the 76mm turbo ;)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts