Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the ideal LSA for a sbc with a plate system capable of 300 wheel hp?

I get many different opinions about this. Here is what I have:

264/272 dur. 108 lsa .630/.630 lift

Spraying 200hp with a NX plate I run 1.3 seconds and 15 mph faster in the 1/4(9.50 at 140).

Recently I sprayed it 250hp and picked up about a tenth and 3 mph in the 1/8.

Is that a good gain or not really? Would I see a bigger improvement with a 110 or 112 lsa?

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks! :teabag :-Shower

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
:oops: sorry I missed that one...

I would go with a 112 for a 300 HP shot. The car will not run the number on motor but will run a better number on nitrous. You will have a hard time with a 110* on a 300 shot..

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
LSA is only part of it. duration and lift have a lot to play on it as well. I wish I knew cams more than I do. I only know what has worked for my combos over the years... :oops:

·
Registered
442 Posts
It's likely you need to around 112 or wider. That's a lot of duration which is going to increase overlap, especially when combined with a tight LSA. Open it up, change the cam it will go faster for sure on the bigger hit.

Good Luck!!!

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Or you can read this in depth article which explains that LSA is not the only factor when selecting a camshaft...

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/techarticles/95298/

Also selecting a camshaft depends on a lot of things like.. Car weight, convertor, heads, tranny.. etc etc.. most of the time it is best to call a cam company or someone with a lot of knowledge in this area. What works for one car will not always work for another..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts