Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its in a '85 Chevy K10 with the crappy 6.2 diesel, its a 3 speed with overdrive with a really high first gear, and shift arms on the side instead of a top shifter, has NP208 transfer case behind it, can't find anything on AllData that looks like it.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks to be the original stuff and its a 3 speed with OD, I've never seen one like it. They ran it dry and burnt it up and trying to either find another one or see if I can swap a 465 in its place, but have to figure out what the hell it is first.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts

·
Registered
22,179 Posts
4-speed stick w/ OD A833 MOPAR tranny that they used to put in Chevy P/U's at one time.

Should have something like a 3.07 1st gear, then a really wide 2nd gear like a 700 auto has, an OD 3rd gear and direct 4th gear.

And I think the OD 3rd gear is really weak.

They are around and are pretty good trannies if you want to hut up a replacement. Shouldn't be priced all that high??

pdq67

PS., you can readily tell them because the 3rd gear lever is upside down to allow making it a OD.

·
Registered
20,090 Posts
Not sure if you can get the trans code by the serial #, may be to old-some JY's go off the codes

·
Señor Member
29,700 Posts
Those 6.2's would be puffin smoke like a Motherfucker passed 1:1. Lol
I used a Suburban with a 6.2 and a 700R4 as a tow vehicle for years.

It took years to get anywhere, but it got great fuel mileage! :-D

·
Registered
22,179 Posts
Again.

"Should have something like a 3.07 1st gear, then a really wide 2nd gear like a 700 auto has, a direct 4th gear taking the place of 3rd gear, and 3rd gear becoming an OD 4th gear.."

pdq67

1 - 20 of 31 Posts