Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to leave my MSD box and all the issues and looking at the ICE ignition. There is
not enough info out there and looking for some feedback.

I do know they offer a 3 year warranty vs MSD's 1 year warranty. Also ICE was used by
most builders in the engine challenge build off. However none were running a boosted combination.

My build is a 1000hp pushrod sbf boosted street car. If you have a boosted ICE setup I
would like your here your opinion.

Sickfox

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Do the ICE ignitions have any features for power management and timing control like the MSD stuff does? Could an MSD Grid be used to run an ICE ignition which throws the actual spark?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do the ICE ignitions have any features for power management and timing control like the MSD stuff does? Could an MSD Grid be used to run an ICE ignition which throws the actual spark?

It looks like the ICE system only offers a rev limiter, tach output. No programming like the grid.
If the grid is compatible with the ICE, not sure.

However for the EFI applications out there, all the options are all in the ECU and then some.
Purchasing the MSD 7 these options come standard weather I need it or not. So does
the price.

The ICE box looks very small in size and looks like it's available with no options, perfect for
a EFI application.

Sickfox

·
Registered
999 Posts
It looks like the ICE system only offers a rev limiter, tach output. No programming like the grid.
If the grid is compatible with the ICE, not sure.

However for the EFI applications out there, all the options are all in the ECU and then some.
Purchasing the MSD 7 these options come standard weather I need it or not. So does
the price.

The ICE box looks very small in size and looks like it's available with no options, perfect for
a EFI application.

Sickfox
The ICE EFI box is a amplifier. It can "stack" behind a Grid or a EFI system.

You can have up to 4 revlimiters. I Cant recall if it has retards but i dont Think.

So compare it with a GRID amplifier.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not much info on there coils from ICE. So I reached out to there staff and found out the primary resistance is .4 ohms
Compared that to a similar MSD coil at .016 ohms. Also the ICE coil retails at $112 while the similar MSD is $198.

The MSD 7 coil calls for limited use while the ICE coil doesn't care how long it runs.

Also the ICE coil comes with a 3 year warranty vs. MSD 1 year warranty.

Sickfox

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
hard to compare an inductive coil and a cd coil, different deal.. really like the ice stuff, want to get some sort of data on their system outputs besides amps. did you ask them about available voltage or spark duration/energy stuff..?

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Dont ever judge a product by its warranty period. The the quality of a product has zero influence on the warranty period. And more often than not, the lifetime warranty products are the worst quality available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts