Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
www.PelechBrosRacing.com
4,000 Posts
Nothing like Perch fishing on the St. Clair ice! Gotta be Cotton Rd. or the Selfridge Barracks!

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Ice fishing is awesome! Used to go all the time years ago, but haven't much since I got into snowmobiling.
Nothing like Perch fishing on the St. Clair ice! Gotta be Cotton Rd. or the Selfridge Barracks!
I'm going to have to try that area out this winter. Used to always go to Bouvier bay or Muscamoot back in the day. Nothing beats a 5 gallon pail full of perch.:cool:

·
www.PelechBrosRacing.com
4,000 Posts
Ice fishing is awesome! Used to go all the time years ago, but haven't much since I got into snowmobiling.I'm going to have to try that area out this winter. Used to always go to Bouvier bay or Muscamoot back in the day. Nothing beats a 5 gallon pail full of perch.:cool:

Ain't that the truth!

...and it always seems that the winter perch run a lot bigger then any other time of year. I've caught several 11-12" (or even bigger) perch thru the ice but only a couple that big during the warm months.

Haven't done it much lately either. I really kind of miss it. You know what they say, "First ice & last ice..."

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
a few of my ice catches of 07, I went out to St Clair twice and only caught 30 or 40 perch "Dinks" each day ! I usually just catch and release most fish

a slow day but a 14 inch crappie (dollar bill for size comparison)

northern and some gills

22 inch / 6 Lb cat caught on 2 Lb test line

1 - 6 of 6 Posts