Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been having some problems with IATs they start in the 50s and rise to low 100s at the bottom of high gear. We are using a Precision 106mm turbo, 3000hp IC, big pump and a 5 gallon ice chest with a small transcooler in the bottom. After each pass the water in the ice chest is like very warm bath water so we're thinking 120degrees or so. Any thoughts on getting the IATs down?

·
Turbo Terror
14,346 Posts
if you drive the car to the lanes and drive it back from the end of the track with the pump on after the burnout till you get back to the pits.. thats normal :)

motor temps are a lil high but some say turbo motors like a 100-120 air temp..

you can lower them.. just run less boost ;)

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you say big pump, Meziere or Rule 3000? Also is your tank insulated? Trans Temps.?
Rule 3800 with 1.5" lines, the lines are inside the car and are not hot to the touch.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if you drive the car to the lanes and drive it back from the end of the track with the pump on after the burnout till you get back to the pits.. thats normal :)

motor temps are a lil high but some say turbo motors like a 100-120 air temp..

you can lower them.. just run less boost ;)
So should we cut the pump off until after we do the burnout?

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Turbo Terror
14,346 Posts

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
i do not run mine till after i have completed my burnout.
We have always had ours on before we ever started the car. We do not drive to the lanes though and never had a transcoller in the tank. Stays cooler than most I have seen.

·
Turbo Terror
14,346 Posts
We have always had ours on before we ever started the car. We do not drive to the lanes though and never had a transcoller in the tank. Stays cooler than most I have seen.

we? you french or you got a mouse in your pocket! :)

yea thats cause you pansy ass pro cars tow to the lanes and back..

sissy's :)

·
Registered
9,523 Posts

Lol, well I am not french and I see no mouse. Now what?!?!?!

You dont need to worry about it yet, your slow. Just remember the less time you are on the track the less ice you use. Better get that thing figured out, it will cost you less!!!:)

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

:lol: Si senior!

·
Turbo Terror
14,346 Posts
Lol, well I am not french and I see no mouse. Now what?!?!?!

You dont need to worry about it yet, your slow. Just remember the less time you are on the track the less ice you use. Better get that thing figured out, it will cost you less!!!:)
dude dont make me call your mom :-D

im only slow cause im no sissy la la that tows to and from the lanes.. "we" are talking about a turbo car here right not some old school bucket of bolts with a few n2o bottles strapped in it.

"we" out here in da west race by these things called rules.. "we" aint in the adrl :D

we we

1 - 18 of 18 Posts