Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...but if you get a piece of 4-inch water pipe (about three or four feet in length), and screw a cap on one end, they make a wonderful "mortar". Not just any kind of mortar, but a "piston mortar". You drill a small hole near the bottom of the pipe, next to the cap. Then you scrounge up some old TRW type pistons (with the rings installed) and stuff it down the pipe. Before you have done this, you stick an M80 type "fire cracker" in the pipe with the fuse sticking out the hole near the bottom. You can hold the "cannon" at an angle, maybe braced against a sandbag, and light the fuse. With the proper "propellant", that piston will go quite a distance, and maybe land in the parking lot of that fucking bowling alley across the freeway, bouncing off the hood of some turkey's Honda or something.....

My advice is to ware gloves when handling the pistons, to avoid fingerprints, just in case.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
I'll look forward to this at the YB nationals, maybe we should have a contest .

·
Registered
22,628 Posts
Smart george, Really Smart. explain to the inmates how to make a weapon..

·
Beer makes me pee
9,708 Posts
I made a potato cannon once kinda fun runs on hair spray. It will send a potato to the moon...LOL

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
OK,,which old drag racer told you this??

If it's a Honda,,it should be dented!!

:)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Cans of brake cleaner out of a barrel on a "cheetah" works too, best part is that you get the "incinerary round" effect on impact..........

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Cans of brake cleaner out of a barrel on a "cheetah" works too, best part is that you get the "incinerary round" effect on impact..........
lol,,we were doing the same thing, but using cans of starting fluid. Nice blossom when they impact. Sparklers work well for a initiator,,and tracer round effect.;)

Accidentally hit a dried out cherry tree,,it went up like a flashbulb.:rolleyes: After that we took our efforts to an abandoned rockpit.

Don't try this at home kids.

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have you noticed that people are "too careful" now? Even the kids. When I was young we used to do all kinds of insane shit. It's a wonder that we made it into our 30's. Going to drag strips was much more than just racing cars, it was an adventure in "practical jokes". Today we would be arrested as terrorsts for some of the shit we pulled. We would slip over the border to TJ and buy what some called "fire crackers". More like "explosives" today. We blew shit up. I mean, we blew BIG shit up. We brought wild animals to the track with us, like snakes. Throwing a live snake in some guys tool box when he wasn't looking was great fun. We had "contests" in the pits, particularly if there was a rain delay. Food eating contests were great fun. Everyone puts in $10 bucks and the winner takes the pot. The first guy that eats something, then everyone else has to eat it too, or they have to drop out of the contest. Scoop up a cup of Tide powdered detergent and eat that sometime, that will seperate the crowd pretty quickly. There were no golf carts back then (thank God for that), but sometimes we had rent-a-cars if it was an out-of-town track. We used to buy cheap padlocks and lock all the gates to the track, that would drive the track owners crazy. We used to make these carboard tubes and wrap them to look like dynamite sticks, with a long fuse, and throw 'em up in the stands or into a crowd, just to see folks beating it for the exits. The old timers were terrors at the track. I won't reveal any names because those of you old farts that are lurking here know who you are.

The kids that go to the drags today are only concerned with the payouts (which they seldom win) or the contingencies. They have no idea what it used to be like. Every Satruday and every Sunday in SoCal was like going to the circus to be around the clowns. You EXPECTED to get fucked with and you MADE PLANS to fuck with someone else. Like Jimmy Biggs says about the Yellowbullet.com Nationals, "It's going to be a three day party and a drag race may break out." Well, I say, "bring it the fuck on"...

Talking about the YB Nationals, there can be events in your life that become memories that last a lifetime, things that you can tell your grand kids about. "I was there" kind of stories. My ex-wife was at Woodstock in August, 1969, basically a life changing experience for her. She remembers everything about it, and sometimes talks about the concert, too. But it was THE EVENT that she talks about more than the music. The YB Nationals is going to be that kind of experience, in my opinion. Miss this one and you might as well throw in the towel when it comes to EVENTS. I already have booked my flight.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Too carefull my ass George... Us old guys use propane in our potato cannons.

Anyone ever get shot by a mortar? I did last July 4th... 2" double round that fell over right before it launched. I was 20' away and it hit me in the thiegh. Anywhere else I would have been dead on the scene.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts