Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to meet Rich from Ram Racing to give him some RPM Magazines........the new Chevy's have no look.....I see why They're using the Cobalt.....C6's are nice.....everything else was blah.......no wonder they have problems

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I dont get it. Over 30,000 are going to unemployed and the prick CEO gets a 6 million dollar bonus. Then when asked if he is taking a pay cut or stepping down, he says no theres no need for that. If this is how GM treats their CEO, they deserve exactly what they got, stupid fuckers. And they wonder why the Japanese companies are kicking their asses. A Japanese board would have asked their CEO to commit Harry Kerry and he probably would have done it

·
Premium Member
34,828 Posts
This goes very deep in GM, and goes WAY BACK..... the old school still runs GM, and they are draining the place dry.

What we don't see in the background, is that the major share holders run the show, to get immediate satisfaction. In other words, they look to the 'now' for their money. They want their money, and they want it now. Not 10 years from now. So the company just does not invest in it's own future..... in REALITY.... sure they could site ways in which they do, but in the real world they live for the NOW.

Big mistake.

All organisms are either growing, or dying. A Corporate giant is really just like an organism in many ways. Or any business for that matter. If you are not growing, or at least sustaining, you are dying. General motors has been dying for 35 years. They are run by those who do not have an interest in building cars, but instead an interest in making money. There needs to be a balance, coupled with enthusiasm for building CARS. Not building money.

The problems are so deeply rooted that you can't imagine. Engineers get hired in, who have NO automotive knowledge. There are folks designing, and engineering their cars, who couldn't even begin to point out major parts in the cars... like suspension parts, chassis parts, engine parts etc... ZERO automotive knowledge. I see it every single day. All that is important is that they have a Degree from college and they're hired in, to do a specific job and assigned a specific part of the vehicle and that is all they know, or learn to know.

Now here comes the tangent. Do you know why the General hires folks like this? They HAVE TO because that is what us americans are producing today. IDIOTS. We are producing total idiots for kids.... and these idiots go to college, make a big party out of it, get their degree and they are worthless in reality.... sure they are all polished, and savy acting like they are really somthing with all their COLLEGE knowledge.... but they don't know JACK about a car.

So why not send the work to a 3rd world country. Hire a guy who doesn't know anything either..... but you only have to pay him or her a dollar an hour to know nothing... not 80 grand a year to know nothing.

Anyhoot....that's my DAILY RANT folks...welcome to my world. FREAKIN ENGINEERS THAT CAN'T CHANGE A SPARKPLUG...... that's the reality folks.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Chris, you hit it right in the head. All book smart and no hands on experience. We have people here that won't even build thier own prototype whatever. 'It's right on the screen'! they save, and then it gets revised 4-5 times. Phuck, I gave a designer a LH nut and a RH bolt, and he couldn't figure out why they didn't go together. Talk about an idoit !! Here's another one. Ask someone why the end of a tape measure is loose. Most will say 'Because I thought it was warn out from pulling on it." Duh!

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Talk about hiring dummies......back in the early 80's one of the large new car carrier companies was looking for a shop manager in their Toledo OH shop.......I was interviewed 3 times (2 over dinner) they finally decided to hire the other guy.....cause he wanted 5 grand a year less then me!!!....he had no car carrier repair experience......never loaded one......never built one......he ran a shit metal shop.........what does that have to do with car carriers?.....so I stayed in Delaware

·
Registered
182 Posts
I went to a red x strategy class at gm,they ask us if your lawn mower wont start in the spring what do you check first?Me being the only non engineer in the class i said check the gas and they told me ten diferent ways that i was wrong.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I agree as well to Chris's comment. I've dealt with alot of incompetent mech. engineers, that work for the Big 3, in the automation equipment industry. I kid you not, quite a few couldn't read a blue print.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.