Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a search for a thread on stretching rear 1/4 panels but no luck. Will someone post a thread on "how to" with pics? I am putting 31x13 Goodyears on my 2002 B4C camaro race only car. I thought that they "might" fit within the body lines with the proper back set, narrowed rear, and they will. The only problem is I can't even get the wheel/tire on to the wheel studs because they hit the front and rear of the wheel well opening no matter what I do. The car is leveled out on screw jacks and raising or lowering the rear axle housing doesn't help. I`ve got to stretch em! and it's my first time doin it! Cut and Tig time, I just need a little help with the visual kind of aid.

Rumble
2002 Z28 Camaro
Track only

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
My pictures...

Here's a few from when I did mine (4" stretch):

What it looks like with the cut out portion back in it's original location (14x32 slick):

Here it is with the halves in their new position:

Both halves spot welded in:

Hand formed and fitted filler panel:

Filler panels for both the wheel opening and gas door block-off tacked in place and ready for final welding:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank Guys!
This is what I call help,
Rumble

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I posted on Monson Racing, tech section, and the guys there helped me out.
So the above is pasted from there. This is what I was looking for.
Rumble

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
nice work. I see you knew to cut at an angle. I get a kick out of TV shows where they mod. panels and they spend alot of time makeing sure the cut is exactly horizontal (or level) only to find out when the parts are moved across, its all butt weld. For those who don't know, if you cut at a slight angle then slide the part lateraly, it overlaps and gives you something to weld to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts