Enormous Member
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on Verizon give me my update...

·
Enormous Member
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A dude on the Metro had it on his Razr Maxx on Tuesday. I keep going into my settings to see if I can download it. Little by little it is being released, first to Razr and Razr Maxx phones. The dude on the metro "hacked" into I'll say. So I have been trying to see if theres a way I can force the update. I can't wait for face unlock.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I received my ICM this morning on my Droid RAZR. This software version completely changes everything about the phone, for the better. I'm extremely pleased with how smooth and fast the phone operates now.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
AT&T is also slow-leaking the upgrade. They did the older Galaxy S II this week. I thought they would do the newer models, including the S II Skyrocket, first since they are LTE 4G phones (the S II is a 3G phone), but they didn't and they give absolutely no clue when they will get around to it.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I have an X now but am up for my last "new every 2" in a month roughly. I'll get the Maxx. One tip... sign up for the Motorola Owner's forum and you can opt to sign up for software update testing. I've had around 3 updates to my X via this. Usually they push the update out to a smaller group and then ask for feedback as to how it works, good or bad. Then they push the updates out the everyone. I just wish we'd get our 4g here... they've said we'd have it for months now. The wife has a newer 4g phone and the speed difference is huge loading web pages. I'm still deciphering the new Verizon plan as I'm on unlimited data now but that's soon to be a thing of the past.

·
Enormous Member
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I received my ICM this morning on my Droid RAZR. This software version completely changes everything about the phone, for the better. I'm extremely pleased with how smooth and fast the phone operates now.
Damn! I keep checking and not for me yet. It looks good from everything I've seen...

I have an X now but am up for my last "new every 2" in a month roughly. I'll get the Maxx. One tip... sign up for the Motorola Owner's forum and you can opt to sign up for software update testing. I've had around 3 updates to my X via this. Usually they push the update out to a smaller group and then ask for feedback as to how it works, good or bad. Then they push the updates out the everyone. I just wish we'd get our 4g here... they've said we'd have it for months now. The wife has a newer 4g phone and the speed difference is huge loading web pages. I'm still deciphering the new Verizon plan as I'm on unlimited data now but that's soon to be a thing of the past.
This sucks and I seriously may consider sprint. I have been a lifetime Verizon customer but I feel like we are getting screwed...thanks for the tip on the forum, I'll sign up now!

·
Enormous Member
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Its slowly working across the country. I found out about it a few weeks ago. I dont know why Verizon does this stuff but its bullshit. It isn't like every single droid user is going yo know about ICS. They won't get over loaded with updates. Just like everything else Verizon does...slow!!!

·
Erect Member
3,045 Posts
I've had it on my HTC Rezound with Verizon for months. Quit being bitches and root your phones, flash any ROM you want. I've been running ICS flawlessly with no VZW bloat shit since March.

·
Enormous Member
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dumb questions - but what is rooting your phone. How do you do it and what does it accomplish?

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Got Mine this morning!

1 - 20 of 113 Posts