Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife came flying into the house last night and said we had to get this puppy from 2 punk kids in front of the Chinese food joint, so off we went. The kids claimed they saved it earlier in the week from some lady trying to throw it in the river but they lived in an apartment and couldn't keep it, so they had been going door to door asking if anyone wanted it. The kids said if they don't find an owner they'd be getting rid of it, so needless to say being a dog lover he came home with us.

He's about 8wks old and very sweet plus he actualy slept thru the night.

I feel pretty good knowing I possibly saved his life.

·
draggin' ass
13,418 Posts
Lets see a picture of this rescue, its a good thing you have done for society. More importantly, you tought a great lesson the the kids you got it from.

·
Registered
471 Posts
About 10 yrs ago I lived on a lonely 2-lane rd where people dropped off a lot of trash and animals. My wife saw a white car drop off a dog and take off real fast. My wife, who also drove a white car, would come by on her way home from work and the dog would come out from the woods when it saw any white car thinking it was it's previous owner. We tried to make friends with it but it would not come closer than 100 ft or so. I started leaving dry dog food and it would eat it. One evening I sat down and the dog started running towards me. I thought i dead because the dog was big. It came up to me and started licking my face. I opened the door to my truck and it jumped in, it was a pit-bull. I tood it home and put it in the garage because I had 2 small dogs in the house. The next morning I took it outside and noticed it had not messed in the garage and went after it was outside. I took it to the vet because you could see it had a broker front leg but had healed crooked. I found a lady who's pit-bull had died and she came over to look at it and took it home because it was identical to the one she had. Made me feel good and I still have pleasant thought about helping that dog.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Almost every animal we have was someones elses throw away. That's cool you saved the pup!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I was driving and saw a 4 pound dog chained up outside a trailer. For whatever reason i stopped and bought it on the spot $50. Best money i ever spent. That little dog was with me for 16 years even when there was nobody else and through thick and thin. She is gone now and I still miss my friend.........

·
"Made" Member
2,859 Posts
Good job!! +1

My wife came flying into the house last night and said we had to get this puppy from 2 punk kids in front of the Chinese food joint, so off we went. The kids claimed they saved it earlier in the week from some lady trying to throw it in the river but they lived in an apartment and couldn't keep it, so they had been going door to door asking if anyone wanted it. The kids said if they don't find an owner they'd be getting rid of it, so needless to say being a dog lover he came home with us.

He's about 8wks old and very sweet plus he actualy slept thru the night.

I feel pretty good knowing I possibly saved his life.

·
Registered
15,919 Posts
Way to go!! Now can we see a pic of the lil fellow?

·
Co-Founder E3xtreme.com
6,896 Posts
It is awesome that people care. I can't stand people who treat animals as toss away products. We go through rescues for our dogs and the one that pissed me off the most was that the people gave up their dog of like 8 years or something because it didn't match the new furniture. Are you phuckin kidding me? What the hell is wrong with people?

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Good job Tommy & Wife, Tom how many dogs you got over there these days? I had to put down my English Bulldog "Bosley" however we still have our Mastiff " Nitrous" and our Boxer "Chassis" man if I didnt know any better I would say that there as a drag racer in my family!!!!

·
Moderater
13,473 Posts
Cool good for you..

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I whould never buy another dog, There are to many free ones out there looking for good homes. All 3 of mine are rescued.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Good job

<---this guy here is a rescue. He was 1 year old when we got him... Best dog ever.

Keith

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Good job Tommy & Wife, Tom how many dogs you got over there these days? I had to put down my English Bulldog "Bosley" however we still have our Mastiff " Nitrous" and our Boxer "Chassis" man if I didnt know any better I would say that there as a drag racer in my family!!!!
I have a Bull Mastiff and Boxer myself how do yours get along I rescued my boxer who was 3 at the time about a year ago becuase a relatives neighbor threaten to shot him if he got after his chickens again. I didn't know how the 2 would get along but they are awsome together and both indoor dogs, and spoiled beyond belief LOL.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts