Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Bracket racer
13,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find myself down to around 150-155lbs heading into summer, and I'd like to be around 170-175ish. I calculated my calorie count and it's obvious I haven't been eating enough....but what can I eat to not only gain weight, but for it to not turn into all fat?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Any increase in calorie intake needs to be accompanied by a like amount of resistance training or any gain in weight will be your body storing it as fat.

·
Donnie Vincent
5,970 Posts
Drink a shit load of Mt Dew and eat like a pig.. I quit drinking beer and now I drink way to much soda, I went from a unhealthy not eating right 168 to around 193.. although I did gain back a lot of muscle..

·
Bracket racer
13,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any increase in calorie intake needs to be accompanied by a like amount of resistance training or any gain in weight will be your body storing it as fat.
From what I can tell, I've only been eating around 1200-1500 calories a day....and that's on a good day. My appetite has went to shit in the past year or so.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I was in your exact situation a couple years ago weighing in at 158. I'm now 186 and I contribute it to not only weight lifting but also eating correctly, which means not skipping ANY meals and eating healthy foods. At first you literaly have to force yourself to eat but then your metabolism should speed up and you'll actually want to eat every few hours. Cut out the fast foods as well if you are eating a lot of that crap.

·
Gettin' tired of the shit
23,424 Posts
From what I can tell, I've only been eating around 1200-1500 calories a day....and that's on a good day. My appetite has went to shit in the past year or so.
Get off the meth and your appetite will come back. ;)

20 lbs is alot of weight to try to put on relitively quickly without a good portion of it being "fat".

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Fix your diet. There are 3500 calories in a lb. As been said EAT, EAT, EAT. The not turn into fat part stay active or find a workout routine.

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
Look at the lines at the counters at McDonalds!...
Those folks appear to have putting weight on, down pat!... :smt102

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Do only enough cardio to warm up and warm down. Heavy lifting in between. Do some research on Nitric Oxide supplements.

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
get a fat girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry had to lololol

·
DamCoonass
15,182 Posts
It's gonna hurt but.............. have a heart attack!!!

I was 150lbs forever. Got married...150. turned 40...150
turned 50...150....

Had a blood clot hit my heart & had a stent installed & BINGO!!!!!!!

6 months later..........172.

I'd skip the heart attack & stay skinny if I was you.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts