Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who does is? im in champaign. i cant find anyone. i figured it was a lot more common to bend it than it is apparently.

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i did... they were the first place i went and they only have 4" pipe to delete mufflers but cant bend it.

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
Buy some 4" straight pipe and some 4" mandrel bends and piece it together yourself. (But then again thats what I would do). Good luck man.

You can get all the pipe and bends from Freight liner and if you know someone in part you can get their discount to save you some money.

Shannon

·
This amp goes to 11.
12,064 Posts
One slim possibility might be to check with a diesel/heavy truck repair shop. Though they probably can't bend it, they may be able to point you to a shop that can. Many truck exhausts are fabbed out of elbows, shorts, and flex, so it's probably not much of a shot, but it's all I got for you locally.

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i thought about piecing it together but its a 4x4 so the transfer case/crossmember area is pretty tight. i hope someone knows but if i dont get anything on here ill probably have to see where the big trucks or school busses have work done.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Most (if not all) exhaust tubing benders on the market only bend up to 3''. Anything larger its cut and weld. Aftermarket companies use bazilllion dollar mandrel benders to make their stuff.

Besides, if you have tight clearances, you need to use small mandrel bends. Compression benders (exhaust) use pretty large radius'. My 3'' dies are 8 or 9'' rad. Plus, with that type bending you cannot get the bends close together.....which creates more problems.

Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts