Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
In the shop with my Vette
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang,

What is the best wire loom kit out there for bbc plug wires? I have a Moroso one with the little piece of shit clip on tabs, and I HATE it! The tabs always fall off. Please post up pictures of how you did yours on your drag/street car. Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
ZIP TIES!

Also helps a bunch to have the wires routed neatly and cut the right lengths.

Will
x3!

Forget buying any looms of any sort when you can make it look even better using zip ties. I do get OCD and have one size for the main loop and a smaller size for the inner loops and they all have to face the same direction too... They also make a nice flush cutter to cut the tie clean off so it leaves no sharp edge or use a sharp razor blade and don't cut yourself... The picture in the video looks horrible!

·
Registered
851 Posts
I agree, Zip Ties do work well, but looks wise, they're just meh.

These are simple, cheap and look better in my opinion. Plus they disassemble easily and are reusable unlike Zip Ties.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-440317

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Zip ties here as well.

But I doubt use the bulky ones like above. Get the high quality (metal insert) ones. They are thinner, more flexible, and stronger than the cheap ones.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you dont use more than 8 mm wires the Chevrolet performance wire loom kit is hard to beat both in price and how it fit/works.
Part #12495502

With cast alu Valve covers I have had to trim them some to fit.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
ZIP TIES!

Also helps a bunch to have the wires routed neatly and cut the right lengths.

https://youtu.be/W_g8PE_Dr5I

Will
Been doing it my whole life , it’s slightly ghetto looking but does the job .
I use the thick 36”long by 1/2” thick panduit straps from my work that we use for flexible duct work connections.It does keep everything neat but has the cheap ghetto look when u stare at it for too long lol.I also use them like hose clamps for vacuum lines and little things and would probably work in a pinch on radiator hoses but not for permanent use unless u use 2 or 3 of them lol

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
I do get OCD and have one size for the main loop and a smaller size for the inner loops and they all have to face the same direction too... They also make a nice flush cutter to cut the tie clean off so it leaves no sharp edge or use a sharp razor blade and don't cut yourself...
Same! I also like to hide the ends on the bottom and/or toward the engine as much as possible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts