Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are having a BBQ for a bunch of people tomorrow, and I need some help.I'm not the BBQ expert so I need any thing really fancy, just some that looks and tastes good.

·
Registered
196 Posts
great pork loin

take a whole pork loin-split in half length-wise-sprinkle with your favorite bourbon whiskey-put on your favorite rub-cover bottom half with dijon mustard and then sprinkle on some brown sugar-sprinkle with bourbon again-fold the top of loin back over and then sprinkle with bourbon and rub-take and wrap bacon slices along length and tie with butcher twine-cook on indirect heat at 250-275 with hickory smoke until it reaches 165 degrees F-let rest 10 minutes-slice and enjoy-fantastic

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Real simple recipe and it's awesome.
Get 2 bottles of Heinz 57 sauce,pour into bowl, then add 2 equal parts apple cider vinager(use same amount as Heinz 57 sauce). Next add a Tablespoon of Black Pepper, table spoon of salt, table spoon of Garlic powder. Mix all that well. Then add 1 cup of Syrup(we use Kayro). Mix all that well. Put whatever you are going to cook in gallon size ziplock bags and cover with the sauce overnight. You can set some sauce aside and baste your meat with it as it is cooking.Also you can season it to your taste, it's a pretty easy sauce to use and make.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I really like marinating a pork loin in some Teriyaki .. the best over the counter is "Soy Vay" brand teriyaki in my opinion. It's quick and easy. like any other recipe for that cut, cook indirect, take it off the grill and let it rest!! then slice and enjoy :)

·
Registered
809 Posts
Fresh chopped garlic creamed ( sprinkle kosher salt on the garlic and use the edge of your knife and grind it to a paste) fresh chopped rosemary, 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil and the juice of one lemon, salt and fresh ground pepper. Combine all ingrediants, should be fairly thick consistency, rub this into the loin and let it sit covered overnight. Depending on your choice of fire, I recommend charcoal, build a two row fire meaning all the charcoal on one side sear the meat on all sides then move to side without charcoal cover and let cook for 20-30 minutes, take off cover with tinfoil and let the meat rest 10 minutes. Same can be done with gas after searing meat turn off one of the burners and put the pork on the unlit side. Two row fires are the best becase you get both direct and indirect heat...........................ENJOY!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts