Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right........I lost my dipstick. :-damnit lol

I have a '67 C4 and somehow I've lost my dipstick. Guessing that it blew off on a test pull I did a few months ago, but not sure. I want to make it to the track on Friday, but won't be able to replace it in time. I want to use an extra dipstick and cut it to the right length, but was hoping the Bullet nation would be able to help if anyone has one and could measure it for me so I can make a makeshift stick in the meantime.

Would really appreciate any help I can get! Please note where you measured from (bottom of the cap, top, to the tip, etc). Also, how far is it from max - min? Thanks so much for any help in advance!!

·
Steering wheel holder
4,708 Posts
22 1/2 from the lip that sits on the top of the tube to the bottom of the cold zone. Cold is 1/4 long, 3/8 between hot and cold and hot is 1/2 long. This is an aftermarket locking dipstick.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Not sure if this is a serious post but they sell universal dipsticks. You're going to have to do an oil change. Add the recommended amount of oil for your particular engine and check the level with the new stick. Then just adjust the handle to fit. Cut off the excess and you're done.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Not sure if this is a serious post but they sell universal dipsticks. You're going to have to do an oil change. Add the recommended amount of oil for your particular engine and check the level with the new stick. Then just adjust the handle to fit. Cut off the excess and you're done.
How's this pertain to his C-4?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It may have blown (been pulled) off and left itself somewhere around the windshield wiper area and not been seen before a handful of pulls with my new slicks.... May have.

Thanks HiredDriver! Appreciate it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts