Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but when I heard it on the news, I kept seeing the scene in "Wild Hogs" where they were riding their motorcycles and the bird flew in Travolta's face:

SARASOTA — An Arcadia woman was riding her motorcycle in Sarasota County when a wild turkey flew into her path and hit her in the face.

The Florida Highway Patrol reports that 42-year-old Lori Hansen was taken by helicopter to a St. Petersburg hospital in serious condition after Saturday afternoon’s crash.

FHP says Hansen was knocked unconscious by the impact. The motorcycle ran off the road and struck a barbed-wire fence, entangling Hansen.

Or the line from "WKRP' where the station owner said "with God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly".

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Wild Turkey.....

OBTW, Wild Hogs was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!...bitches

·
El-conquistador, sir
17,432 Posts
That made me think of fabio gettig a broken nose from a bird hit on a roller coaster ride. Now thats fucked up right there. They estimate the bird collision speed at 70 MPH. Stitisticly what are the odds of that?

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,112 Posts
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S NOT BUTTER!!!!!!!!!:)

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
I hit a bug in Fla once that broke my face shield and damn near knocked me off the bike!

Never had one break a face shield but had some that sure hurt when they got you in the chest with nothing more than a t-shirt on.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I got hit in the chest once while riding by what I thought was a bug. I stopped by the side of the road after about 1/2 an hour to have a smoke. Reached in my shirt pocket and my index finger stung like a bitch, and out came a huge bumble bee.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I bruised my upper chest once with a leather jacket on by hitting a field lark at about 100. It felt like I got punched really hard..

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Hit a kid on a RM250 head on, does that count?

·
Registered
342 Posts
^^^^ Wouldnt have been about 9 years ago @ Ocotillo Wells by chance, would it???

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
The motorcycle ran off the road and struck a barbed-wire fence, entangling Hansen.
Bad enough you get plowed in the face by a 20 Lb turkey, then end up entangled in a barbed wire fence.

Sure picked the wrong day to go on a bike ride....

Ouch.

·
I like to party!!
4,338 Posts
man that sucks, riding in south Fl is always a challange. Those hugs ass dragon flies that look like small birds hurt like a bitch at 75 mph

1 - 20 of 26 Posts