Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
nice. beadlocks on a 12second(maybe) car.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
nice. beadlocks on a 12second(maybe) car.
Ummm.....

The 100% stock full weight versions are 12 second cars without mods.

That paint scheme is the car Mopar was taking on a tour of NHRA National events last year. Although that particular picture looks like a bad photoshop job.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
ok, so maybe 11s then.

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
That car was debuted at the SEMA show I believe. A lot of show cars there are over the top.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
That car was in fact at SEMA two years ago before they had even confirmed production of the car. I think its tits. I'd rather a cowl hood be on there than the scoop but thats just me. Rock it.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Ummm.....

The 100% stock full weight versions are 12 second cars without mods.

That paint scheme is the car Mopar was taking on a tour of NHRA National events last year. Although that particular picture looks like a bad photoshop job.
except 9 out of 10 people that take a stock one to the track will runs 14s with it.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
ok, so maybe 11s then.
That's probably more accurate.
Aftermarket 426 strokers are running 11.50 in full weight cars.
I ran a best of 10.89 in a full weight 300C SRT-8 on a stock longblock 6.1L motor. But I was making about 735 engine HP on spray.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
except 9 out of 10 people that take a stock one to the track will runs 14s with it.
Absolutely untrue. 9 out of 10 people will run 13.1 - 13.4 seconds even if they have no clue what they're doing.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
There's a flat black one kick'n around the net that looks mucho nicer...!!!!!!

Rick

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Absolutely untrue. 9 out of 10 people will run 13.1 - 13.4 seconds even if they have no clue what they're doing.
I would bet agaisnt that in a heartbeat. Just like all those guys I seen at the track when the new GTO came out wondering why they couldn't get out of the 15s with it. I'm not saying the car isnt capable just the people in the seat.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I would bet agaisnt that in a heartbeat. Just like all those guys I seen at the track when the new GTO came out wondering why they couldn't get out of the 15s with it. I'm not saying the car isnt capable just the people in the seat.
I'll take your bet. Any day. Any amount.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H58agsDM0sk

Eight different SRT-8's at Indianapolis Raceway Park April 2007. Tuning did not even exist at that point. 6 stock cars. The 12 second car had a stroker motor from Indy Cylinder Heads. The 14 second car had 22" tires and 200 pounds of stereo equipment in the trunk.

Now, you need to go find about 80 SRT-8's running in the 14's to get your 9:1 ratio to work out.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
It is the flat black one I believe, repainted.

Based on the magazine test, looks like high 10's with more converter is possible... test car had tall tires, not a lot of gear, and a small converter and the short times sucked.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I think if the right guy gets the drag package car, say Ray Barton, we will see 10.50's with no motor adjustments. After it gets a better suspension tune up, and the right torque converter and trans, that thing is going to fly. Not to mention, they have a whole bunch of time to work on this thing since that vid was released and there is now way chrysler would release this car without it at least being capable of running A, B, or C/Stock competively. Its got to be at least a ten second car from the factory. Just my opinion though.

1 - 20 of 210 Posts