Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The existing hemi piston line Diamond developed are only rated for 1500hp. Why they didn't try to make them equivalent to the LS2K lineup is probably due to the intake valve relief being the weak point and they didn't bother with the larger struts, deeper box around pin as it just added weight. I figured out they have a new forging for a stock stroke LS now that has enough material to get the pin low enough to gain significant thickness above the top ring to easily hold 2K HP just like the LS offering plus it has all the larger more robust features the LS piston design has. This is still a balancing act between stroke and rod length so care must be taken to not get greedy and weaken the piston with long stroke and 6.125 or longer rod length. I have it designed around a 3.800" stroke and 6.00" rod which gives you a 1.58 rod to stroke ratio which is very good for a power adder engine. With this combo the compression height will come in at around 1.350" The stock 6.4L and 6.2L stroke will also be able to take advantage of this design when used with the correct rod length. With a zero deck the top ring can be over .325" down from the piston top. It is also capable of slightly more than 12.X compression with an open, true hemi softened chamber that is a whopping 76cc. I am trying to get it added to the shelf piston line-up just like other LS2K or G3H1.5K pistons to help with future pricing. I will post some pics, weights and further details as soon as I get my hands on them.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Rob goss was the pioneer of stock block and big power I would say. And maybe that shop HHp or whatever it’s called that was decal on his car ?

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Rob goss was the pioneer of stock block and big power I would say. And maybe that shop HHp or whatever it’s called that was decal on his car ?
HHP work is based off of:
BES: cylinder head CNC programs or stroker setup's. They being HHP & BES work in conjunction on gen 3 hemi stuff.

·
The Liquor Makes Me Think
3,140 Posts
Awesome! Im interested. Will all block bore sizes be available? Any eta yet?

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should be available for the same bore range as LS offerings. It is not a shelf part this point but I have talked to them about it. My pistons are due any day now and I will post as soon as I get them. Thanks for the interest. I do have some other G3 Hemi news that I will put in the other thread I started.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts