Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Close old buddy of mine, just got sent the message. Known him for over 20 years, have gone to concerts, events, worked together, and had a whole lot of fun together. A lot of fun!!

It's not looking good.

Not kidding. Not a joke. Presumed positive, but waiting for the final confirmation.

Please send prayers if you believe in that kind of thing. Very very sad.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
His daughter is in contact with our group. Don't have the full details, but it sounds as if it just happened. I don't believe he had been in recent bad health either, but I can't guarantee that, as we had not spoken in the past few weeks. Shit.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has pneumonia, waited too long to go in, but he's hanging in there. Test given for the virus, results not completed yet. Could be something else that caused it, I don't know the exact timeline yet.

Stay safe out there people.

·
Señor Member
26,819 Posts
Very sad to hear bro. Hoping your friend makes a full recovery.

·
Registered
507 Posts
That's no good at all, hope he pulls through fine. Part of the problem with this virus is that no real cure, just got to wait it out. In fact unless you are in really bad shape, they say just stay at home and self isolate. Problem with that is people think they might have it, but may have something else and realise that too late

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll shoot straight with everyone when I hear updates, or get the test results. I won't fuck around on this, will absolutely make best knowledge available posts when I find out anything significant. Guy lives in a small town too, but does hit the nightlife a bit. I won't say more. FUCK.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't want to jump to conclusions just yet. His wife and family are in contact with us, as are some of his other close circle of friends. Can't reach our one buddy yet, who's very close to him. Could be unrelated, but they just reported a COVID-19 positive in the little town he's in. Am not going to ask or press for details. I might text his brother and just offer support, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, I don't know who knows, and who doesn't, but we can't reach his best friend as of yet.

·
Registered
8,810 Posts
My wife's friend's son has it, his fever is down but still has a dry hack or cough, the whole family is staying home and hoping for the best as they all have been exposed.

·
Deplorable Basketcase
8,813 Posts
I think many more people would send prayers your way if it wasn't for the way you have acted on here the past week.
to most it just looks like another attempt to justify your doom and gloom.
jus' sayin..

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think many more people would send prayers your way if it wasn't for the way you have acted on here the past week.
to most it just looks like another attempt to justify your doom and gloom.
jus' sayin..
No worries. Hoping he gets well, and hoping for everyone's sake who's been around him that it's not the COVID. Bad either way, but he's a super tough dude, so there's a good chance for him.

Not looking for attention or sympathy. The Prayers aren't for me anyway. Peace.

·
Registered
128 Posts
No worries. Hoping he gets well, and hoping for everyone's sake who's been around him that it's not the COVID. Bad either way, but he's a super tough dude, so there's a good chance for him.

Just put of curiosity how old is he? And I take hydroxychloriquine. We now believe my kid had this shit say back in November. I suspect I didn't get it because on on that drug.

·
Deplorable Basketcase
8,813 Posts

hope he pulls thru dude..seriously
I have a good many older friends and am almost 60 myself..these are scarey times.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just put of curiosity how old is he? And I take hydroxychloriquine. We now believe my kid had this shit say back in November. I suspect I didn't get it because on on that drug.
Not real old, not going to say his exact age, a few years older than myself, his family is now asking we keep some details private, apparently been some hassles already. Thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts