Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my initially launches it seems to bounce in the back shocks 1-1/2 times then settles down as it goes out.
Is that a shock adjustment or too light of a rear spring??
I have QA-1s and I started with 3 clicks to the positiive.
Set on 1 the car spun the tires.
BBC on spray.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
double adjustable or single adjustable shocks? im going to use some tactics here that i used on our pro stock 10.5 car that we run. the car used to bounce about 3-4 times when it launched, obviously it can be a number of things depending on every car being different. but between tightening up the shock on both adjustments, raising the wheelie bar, raising the launch rpm, and raising the ic height the car doesnt bounce whatsoever anymore. So therefore i would suggest trying to bump the shocks up 1 click every pass and seeing how it reacts, if that doesnt work try raising the ass end of the car up a 1/2 inch to an inch, in essence your car is a 4-link right?? same theories can be applied. You can also try shocking the thing harder. but then again all cars are different and there is no set way of doing most of this, you just got to get out there and try shit. we went from a 1.18 60 ft to a 1.0 60ft n/a on 10.5's

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
<P>
double adjustable or single adjustable shocks? im going to use some tactics here that i used on our pro stock 10.5 car that we run. the car used to bounce about 3-4 times when it launched, obviously it can be a number of things depending on every car being different. but between tightening up the shock on both adjustments, raising the wheelie bar, raising the launch rpm, and raising the ic height the car doesnt bounce whatsoever anymore. So therefore i would suggest trying to bump the shocks up 1 click every pass and seeing how it reacts, if that doesnt work try raising the ass end of the car up a 1/2 inch to an inch, in essence your car is a 4-link right?? same theories can be applied. You can also try shocking the thing harder. but then again all cars are different and there is no set way of doing most of this, you just got to get out there and try shit. we went from a 1.18 60 ft to a 1.0 60ft n/a on 10.5's
</P>
<P>I know this thread is old , but i was bored and reading. You went 1.0's on a real 10.5?</P>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts