Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know the more I am around this industry the more I hate the professional teams, more to the point pro stock guys! I have given product to so many of those ass clowns because the boss said to its sickening. We cant even get a testimonial from them cause they dont want anybody to know they run our stuff cause they are freinds with our competitions owner. You know if a company had given me thousands of dollars in free product over a three year period I would at least send a thank you note or something or when they called wanting a testimonial to put on their site I would do it just off principal.

ok rant over back to your regularly scheduled pissing and moaning.....

·
Registered
469 Posts
There are situations in which the team is in good standing with one manufacturer, runs the decal, appears in the ads, etc., but pays a different manufacturer for product. This is better than just giving it away, especially if there is no exposure or endorsement.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
You know the more I am around this industry the more I hate the professional teams, more to the point pro stock guys! I have given product to so many of those ass clowns because the boss said to its sickening. We cant even get a testimonial from them cause they dont want anybody to know they run our stuff cause they are freinds with our competitions owner. You know if a company had given me thousands of dollars in free product over a three year period I would at least send a thank you note or something or when they called wanting a testimonial to put on their site I would do it just off principal.

I hear ya brother.............

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Tell your owner that giving this stuff away isn't helping promote his company unless they are willing to advertise for him.

Logic should overcome.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If they are true friends with the competition then I am sure they (the competitors boss) would understand that you have lent a helping hand and not be too upset with them for saying something about it. So yeah, you have every right to feel like you've been stomped on.

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
give your stuff to the low budget guy who is grateful for every little thing he receives,these loaded or heavily sponsored racers couldn't give a phuck cause they would just find someone else to give them free stuff.You and Jim can send me a care package if you would like then I could race.Send decals to I need to cover some body work on the beater more stickers more exposure.

·
Registered
173 Posts

Yeah, Chandler, Kemp, Langer, Demayo, those guys are all a PITA! Wait, I bet you mean NHRA Pro Stock? :p

·
Registered
16,599 Posts
If they're running your stuff, it ain't because its free. Its because it works for them. What good is it doing you giving it to them? None! Tell them to pay up, or start talking. Otherwise, go get it from their "friend".

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If they're running your stuff, it ain't because its free. Its because it works for them. What good is it doing you giving it to them? None! Tell them to pay up, or start talking. Otherwise, go get it from their "friend".
Thats what I told the owner before I posted this and he agreed. Guess what .......we are getting a Testimonial now!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hey, somebody wants to give me free shit, I'll run their sticker, hang a banner in the trailer, tell everybody about it, whatever it takes!

(HINT HINT HINT!!!!!)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
the problem is the little guy has to pay for the bigshot free stuff. its time for the little guy who really keeps the sport alive to get the rewards.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the problem is the little guy has to pay for the bigshot free stuff. its time for the little guy who really keeps the sport alive to get the rewards.
Ok ... Lets say we do that.... How are you going to promote us? No offense to you or anybody else.... But who are you and what have you done? Who knows you? There a million average joes out there, myself included, but there are only a few BIG names that most people will recognize. Thats why you see celebrities endorsing shit. People think well if so and so uses that it must be good! But if I used you or myself or just some local hero the "veiwing audiance" is going to say who the hell is that?

·
Registered
490 Posts
we promote you, but i dont know if we have celebtity status yet or not

·
Registered
99 Posts
I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL BRO THOSE GUYS SUCK AND I REALLY DON'T LIKE THE BRO THEY MAKE ME SO RIDICULOUSLY MAD!!!!!!!!!

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

·
Registered
161 Posts

Are you going to Indy? We PAID for a battery and would run your stickers if they came with the battery!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts