Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had LASIK(Bladeless) this past Friday and so far I am impressed.The Dr.said I was one of the worse cases he had done,and he has been doing it 15 years.I was like 20/2000 without glasses.I read 20/40 yesterday less than 24 hours after the surgery.I still have a slight haze over both my lenses but it seems to be going away slowly.This morning it is a bit better.The Dr. said its like having a thumbprint on a pair of glasses and the body will absorbe it.He said I should not drive for a week or so I am staying home.The wife took me out to eat last night and I did experience a bit of glare but not as bad as I thought.No worse than with my hard lenses at times. Its amazing getting up in the morning and seeing the alarm clock and not having to fumble with contacts and solution. Just wanted to share it with those who repsonded to some of my previous posts.

·
MoPar what else is there.
7,751 Posts
Awesome!! Ive been wearing glasses forever im to poor n chicken shit to get that done.So now you can walk in the snow/rain without worry of shit getting on your glasses

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i had it done 8 years ao, even though one eye now is better then the other ( my own fault btw) its still holding up pretty well. i wore glasses all my life, and after that it made me super paranoid for a while with anything near my eyes.

i had a stigmatism correction, next week had lasik

if anyone in NY/LI is considering it, i used TLC eye care in garden city, ive also sent a few people there with alot of sucess.

·
Not Just Another Game
1,560 Posts
I would love to get my eyes done. Just don't have the cash this moment. It would be amazing to wake up and see clearly without grabbing for glasses or dealing with contacts. I do have a slight astigmitism too...
If anyone knows a good doc in Jax FL...pm me. I would love to have this done this year.

·
Lord of Lords
4,164 Posts
had mine done about 5 years ago or so, best thing I ever did... I can see like an Eagle now

·
IgnoreIsForPussies
20,761 Posts
I would love to get my eyes done. Just don't have the cash this moment. It would be amazing to wake up and see clearly without grabbing for glasses or dealing with contacts. I do have a slight astigmitism too...
If anyone knows a good doc in Jax FL...pm me. I would love to have this done this year.
PM Lutz,he knows of a website that can help you achieve your goal.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
i had it done 8 years ao, even though one eye now is better then the other ( my own fault btw) its still holding up pretty well. i wore glasses all my life, and after that it made me super paranoid for a while with anything near my eyes.

i had a stigmatism correction, next week had lasik

if anyone in NY/LI is considering it, i used TLC eye care in garden city, ive also sent a few people there with alot of sucess.
What is a stigmatism correction? I asked about Lasek when I was getting my new glasses and was told it probably would not work with my stigmatism.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have worn contacts for33 years and looked into doing it last year and my doctor said to wait that there are going to be implantable contacts in the next two years and would work better than lasik:smt102

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I paid $4,200 for both.I went to a few places to get their free consult.This Dr. was recommended by two people who were very happy with him.He does it himself and does the post op and all the follow ups himself.Yes I was shitting from the minute I made the appointment.I felt nothing at all.I just heard the lazer and smelled it a bit thats it.Everything was bladeless.I was very nervous with he whole haze thing but its slowly going away.He told me it would take a bit longer than the average but I will be fine. For anyone on L.I. I would recommend him.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome!! Ive been wearing glasses forever im to poor n chicken shit to get that done.So now you can walk in the snow/rain without worry of shit getting on your glasses
I wore contacts the last 25 years,hard and soft until recently.The hard will scratch your cornea if you get the smallest particle on it.The soft are more forgiving. I do lots of bodywork/sanding so it was always a problem even with safety glasses.I had to wear glasses for a week and I forgot what a pain it was fogging up.It was a pain with all the snow we had.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I had it done 5 years ago and no regrets....Not perfect, but I was blind without glasses and now I can see clearly for far away, but need $8 Wally world readers for up close. My last regular glasses were very expensive and in 6 months I needed new ones! They do have bifocal sunglasses at a lot of places so I can read a map and not screw up my distance vision.

·
Long Live The King
105,863 Posts
I am getting mine done in about a month. Scary shit to have them work on your eyes, but it seems to work good. Hope it works out for me.
My wife had hers done quite a few years back and then had 1 touch-up done. She saw something like 20/200 before it was done. She woke up the next morning and could see.......she said it was the best thing she had ever done. Well except for marring me ;)

G-

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I might have to look into getting this done. I've thought about it but never went through with it. Plus my glasses i have now are outdated and need to be replace anyway with a new prescription.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I had it done last summer, I was almost blind without glasses and I don't need them now.Visual bias was way off too.

However I don't see as well in the dark as I did before ! Anyone else here experience the same ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
4.5 years here and still have 20/15 vision with no adjustments made.. I was -8.00 in both eyes.. Doctor I used designed, built, tested and used his own machine..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts