Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,340 Posts
"This stagnation comes as North Dakota remains on the verge of losing its place as the second-most producing state in the Union. We could lose it to New Mexico, who has three times as many rigs as us."

Kinda sounds like a NoDak problem. Guess they don't have a lot of Canadians sneaking across the border for jobs.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I spent 9 years in the ND oil fields and most people that I know (including myself) will not go back . best pay of any fields but it’s costly to your mind and body .winters are BRUTAL.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Man, I see "help wanted" signs all over the place. We have openings at every level.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I spent 9 years in the ND oil fields and most people that I know (including myself) will not go back . best pay of any fields but it’s costly to your mind and body .winters are BRUTAL.
True story. My son grew up in western Maine,so the winter wasn't a shocker.He has a 16 acre place with a 40x60 barn and a cpl out buildings. Said he's there till the oils out ... but Maines home. Pay check and yr end bonus he did 206K last yr.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
True story. My son grew up in western Maine,so the winter wasn't a shocker.He has a 16 acre place with a 40x60 barn and a cpl out buildings. Said he's there till the oils out ... but Maines home. Pay check and yr end bonus he did 206K last yr.
that’s good. What kind of hours for that pay?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
It's not just up there...

I just got back from several nights at the Hyatt Hill Country Resort in San Antonio. The place was severely understaffed. I was talking to the head doorman/bellman and he was telling me that they can't find people to work. He said if a bellman would just work Friday-Saturday-Sunday that they could easily take home $50k+ per year. The job pays $8-$10 an hour plus tips. Housekeeping is hiring at $12 an hour, no experience necessary and they average about $100 in tips per day. In the grand scheme of things that isn't all that much money but damn, how I wish there were jobs like this readily available when I was 18-25 years old. $50k part time bellman, or $50k full time housekeeper. CRAZY!!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
He does 14 hr days,think he said 3600 hrs approx
Honestly, I wouldn't leave my job for it. Its good money but not worth living in shit conditions.

I did the math. Thats about the same hourly pay as I make, I just don't average that many hours. However, I live a few miles from the beach and several boat launches. Seems more than fair.

If you have experience in the oil industry and don't mind bad conditions, you can make a lot more money than that. Just saying.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Lots of people at home last year learned tech jobs so they aren’t going back to working at restaurants, hard labor, etc. less destructive to their bodies and make more money also.

·
Plain & Simple
1,543 Posts
Why do you think that? The local McDonald's is 15 an hr starting, that's what those in charge want. These are 6 figure jobs in the oil patch starting out.
Where I live now, companies are looking for people. When people apply,they never hear back. It's bad both ways.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts