Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
set up is a stock 68 ford 302 block 60 over 347 4 bolt main caps track ones solid roller 10.5.1 on pump gas 93 from any gas station. plug is showing no fuel and no timing mark . i have 65n 54f jet flowed @5.5 15 degrees total is where it likes it. should i add fuel psi and a degree of timing? i already removed timing and mph droped. also went the other way and it droped. i was going to go to a 82n 73 f @6 pounds and start @ 10 degrees timing what are your thoughts? and after i cut plugs i will post pix.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
15degrees?!? 10degrees?!? Dude With a 73 jet in my plate I was at 28degrees and I felt safe with it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
15degrees?!? 10degrees?!? Dude With a 73 jet in my plate I was at 28degrees and I felt safe with it.
If I ran 28 degrees id have 8 ash trays lol. our combo's are way different.its a performer rpm plate is 125 no2 solnoid, cheater fuel. -6 line the timing is low I know but I run it on 93 from any station. This is not my tralered car still has AC weighs 3300 with me. Been 11.9 114 motor. [email protected] on 65 .I tune on ngk 10s I run autolite 3933s after tunes clean. The ngks fail driving around fast

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Distributor is locked have 4 stage retard box that pulls timing after tb is released base timing 200 is all I wana throw at this block

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Not 13degrees different. That's insane to me. 93pump here as well and 3100lbs. Driven daily.......still baffled......seriously...lol.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The heads are track ones out of box with 2.08 valves there 61 cc and it has a super victor with 750 on it. The cam is not for this motor at all. cam was in a friends high compression 14.1 highport 363 motor he hit with 32 jet what ever hp that is. It worked better in his combo then myn by alot.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
If I ran 28 degrees id have 8 ash trays lol. our combo's are way different.its a performer rpm plate is 125 no2 solnoid, cheater fuel. -6 line the timing is low I know but I run it on 93 from any station. This is not my tralered car still has AC weighs 3300 with me. Been 11.9 114 motor. [email protected] on 65 .I tune on ngk 10s I run autolite 3933s after tunes clean. The ngks fail driving around fast
I can tell you this on a carb set up I did.363 sbf.with same plate.we started sauteed jetting..063 as per edelbrock and it made power but would fall on its face at end of run.so we went to a ten jet solo..053 f .063 n and got much better but the timing was just as you said.plugs looked clean but still had a hint of grey.timing mark was almost not present and we ran total of 24* if we added timing it went slower.took timing away it wouldn't run.we finally sent the plate to steve Johnson.he changed the orfice in Solenoid for a larger shot we planned on but I will tell you this our key aplit went well above 15 on all hp up to 300 .on dyno it responded much better plugs looked a lot better almost like a new plug.and timing mark at the same 24* became visable on plug.and the car finally responded to timing and we ended up around .27* on a .063 nitrous jet and when we went bigger the .082 nitrous jet we were around 23* total. I asked Steve same question about timing and what he said made sence.even though our tune seemed good we were rich.and rich enough that we would have to over time to show a mark on plug.in other words if we ran close to 30* we would see a mark and Probally start seeing increases.in mph.now that the tune was more in line on the lean side which nitrous likes we had to start low and work up since it become more timing sensative.imo I belive you have watt to much timing taken out.and I'm shure you would have to add 5-7* to start seeing the mph come back.I also know for a fact thay with that plate. A 10 jet splits is still very fat and Probally will end up a 15-25 jet split to get spot on

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
after cutting them there is a light gray soot at the base that i could not see looking down on plug. i warmed truck up on old plugs and put 4 fresh ones in right b4 pass no drive time. and i killed it at the 1/4. this is a budget build it was all parts i had laying around i dont have a bar in the truck so it dosnt see alot of track time. steve flowed the plate on my other car and yea it works great. i didnt want to get this one flowed being im only going to shoot 200. and race it a few times a year just wanted to see what direction to go from the looks of this plug to make more power. i was going to add fuel and see if it picked up. but at the same time i want to go up to either a 78 or 82 n jet and work on it from there. i was going to try 82n 73f flowed @6 10 degrees total 900 bottle psi think thats a good start?

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Fuel ring don't look too bad to me on my phone. Can't tell but timing mark seems to be at the bend.......I still can't believe your only at 15degrees......sure your balancer is correct lol.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts