Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I've used gas in the past but it kills the grass and I ran out of Bifen so that's why tried out the cheap DG dish soap deal, I'm going to keep a sprayer full of water with a good shot of dish soap ready to go from now on, to easy and cheap.

·
A Senior Member
3,771 Posts
If you want to make some art here you go.

I think it's pretty cool. I wonder if they burn up like with a magnifying glass?

Reactions: OldChevys>

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have used gas, explosives, and anything else you can think of. But recently I just boil a pot of water and pour it down the hole. Done deal. Not even sure where all of the ants that were outside of the hole and didn’t even get burned and flooded go, but they disappear too.

·
Registered
13,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I also tried boiling water and it killed the grass too. I heard or read that if the queen is killed one of the other ants turn into a queen and they just keep on keeping on as there are many ants outside the mound searching for food.

·
Registered
17,926 Posts
The problem with fire ants is you can 100% kill every mound on your property but they will be be back. On my property it usually takes a few weeks for new colonies to find their way there and it's a never ending battle.

·
Registered
13,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
That's it, unless you bait the entire yard while killing the mounts all you do is chase them around the yard.

·
A Senior Member
3,771 Posts
Apply DE powder and Ortho ant killer to the mounds to kill them and then destroy their mounds. They cant rebuild when they are dead.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts