Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran out of bug spray so I thought I would just piss the ants off and mixed up a sprayer full of water and a good dose of DG pink dish soap and just soaked the living hell out of 4 mounds that popped up during all the rain we have been getting and this morning I found piles of dead ants along the cement where one of the piles were. I'm going to try it again and see what happens just to be sure.

·
Aviation Section
26,391 Posts
The orange groves down here use gasoline! I know it sounds weird and I would think it would affect the taste of the oranges but is does not seem too. The Ants build their mounds right next to the trees and the gas just melts their little bodies and destroys every place it flows into the mounds.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
The orange groves down here use gasoline! I know it sounds weird and I would think it would affect the taste of the oranges but is does not seem too. The Ants build their mounds right next to the trees and the gas just melts their little bodies and destroys every place it flows into the mounds.
Its great for drinking water also!

·
Registered
749 Posts
I had a huge mound of Fire Ants a year ago or so. I got tired of fucking with them. I took a big piece of PVC pipe and drove it right in the middle of their fucking Metropolis. I then poured about a gallon of gas down it. By Motherfuckers!

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
Gaso-fuckin'-line. Dish soap's for hippies. And not sure where you're getting cheap from. A gallon of Dawn from Amazon is like $28.

·
Regulator
36,582 Posts
Gaso-fuckin'-line. Dish soap's for hippies. And not sure where you're getting cheap from. A gallon of Dawn from Amazon is like $28.
Dollar store!

·
Trump Voter NRA Member
7,441 Posts
If you want to kill anything with an exoskeleton use Bifen, every bug spray that works is made with a form of bifen in it has the active ingredient. It harmless to humans and pets, I put it on our dogs when they had flees.
I also spray it around the house, yard and barn to keep mosquitoes and bugs away.

It only takes a little bit of this in a gallon of water and you have to best bug spray

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
I had a huge mound of Fire Ants a year ago or so. I got tired of fucking with them. I took a big piece of PVC pipe and drove it right in the middle of their fucking Metropolis. I then poured about a gallon of gas down it. By Motherfuckers!
Kinda what i have done in the past.

Take a 1/2 or larger steel pipe. Heat and hammee the one end to a flattening point weld it closed.
Drill a buch of 3/16 or 1/4 inch holes up the side.
Hammer it down the center and the fill with either gas or seven dust mixed with water.
Fill it up a few times as it soaks in.

But my favorite way of getting rid of an ant hill is with either tannerite or a brush hog.

·
A Senior Member
3,771 Posts
Reactions: Bojo1961

·
Registered
17,926 Posts
If you want to kill anything with an exoskeleton use Bifen, every bug spray that works is made with a form of bifen in it has the active ingredient. It harmless to humans and pets, I put it on our dogs when they had flees.
I also spray it around the house, yard and barn to keep mosquitoes and bugs away.

It only takes a little bit of this in a gallon of water and you have to best bug spray

This is what I started using a few years ago. It worked so well I even made a thread about it on YB when I first used it. I wasted a lot of effort for years with the junk powder and bait they sell at Home Depot.

Follow the instructions and it kills the fire ants and nest right then. You can stand on top of the mount 5 minutes after spraying without worrying about any survivors. A small bottle will last years for most people. I have 1 acre and haven't used 1/2 the $20 bottle in 2 years.

Reactions: 93Coupe427

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
Thinking back, I've wiped out as many anthills with a shovel as I have with chemicals. Diggin' 'em up and tossing 'em into the irrigation ditch was one of my great joys as a kid. :LOL:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts