Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Motive Gear part, Installed it, figured out it was machined wrong after pretty much getting 90% done the rear.

I called Motive Gear, left a voicemail, got a call back within minutes. Tech guy understood the problem, asked for a copy of invoice, I emailed it to him while on the phone. After seeing the Invoice from Summit, he said he'd ship a new one out. I asked for new bearings as it is hard to press them off without destroying them. He included bearings.

This was Friday, today I get home and the parts are on the front step, Next Day Aired!

It sucks to get defective parts, but how a company handles a situation says alot. Motive gear went above and beyond in this instance for sure.

Thank you Motive Gear.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Good to hear. Decent performance parts companies do still exist.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
You putting gears in the Mustang ?

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Not what I expected, I better put the pitchfocks back up.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
That's impressive. Good for them.

I had an issue with some Russell Pro Classic hose last year. Called them up, took some measurements and had replacement hose at 10am the next morning.

This stuff is rare^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Yep good company. Had a set of 9 1/4 dodge gears that had a issue and they did the same with the next day air service. I figured i would have to made several call's and such but one call and problem solved.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Why wouldn't you want people to know about the "good" as well as the bad about companies we use?

Good for you!

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I bought a Motive Gear part, Installed it, figured out it was machined wrong after pretty much getting 90% done the rear.

I called Motive Gear, left a voicemail, got a call back within minutes. Tech guy understood the problem, asked for a copy of invoice, I emailed it to him while on the phone. After seeing the Invoice from Summit, he said he'd ship a new one out. I asked for new bearings as it is hard to press them off without destroying them. He included bearings.

This was Friday, today I get home and the parts are on the front step, Next Day Aired!

It sucks to get defective parts, but how a company handles a situation says alot. Motive gear went above and beyond in this instance for sure.

Thank you Motive Gear.
Remember when you floored me last week for having this expectation from Moroso? This how it should be handled. This is what I expect any manufacturer to do. It's good to hear some have good policy and do the right thing. Weird coincidence, I literary just ordered a set of Motiv 4.88's for my 8.8 a few hours ago. Feel even better about it now.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Great service!

Almost need a forum or a sticky to list the great companies like this. They are the ones that really deserve to get business from all that really appreciate their great customer service.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,167 Posts
THANKS FOR SHARING.....

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Motive gears in my 9".

No problems, but nice to hear I bought 'em from a good company.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts