Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed the small # of views on Mark Walter's post regarding Hurricane relief
I realize this is Trash or be Trashed.........but no one has had their life trashed like some the folks from the gulf area
In the last few days I've seen these people with my own eyes here in Georgia........HEARTBREAKING is the only word that comes to mind
Think About It

· Administrator
137,281 Posts
Rod, I believe a lot of people have already donated money towards the efforts of some organization to help victims of this hurricane. I donate to the Red Cross every year regardless if a tragedy hits or not. There is always someone who needs help and is the reason I give every year to several organizations. Im not looking for a pat on the back or props for doing so. But people do what they can or feel that they can. If they donated $10 to every post on the internet asking to help the victims they would need their own little donation drive to stay alive.. Not trying to be rude but trying to give you some reasons why...

· Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Monty Mikho said:
Rod, I believe a lot of people have already donated money towards the efforts of some organization to help victims of this hurricane. I donate to the Red Cross every year regardless if a tragedy hits or not. There is always someone who needs help and is the reason I give every year to several organizations. Im not looking for a pat on the back or props for doing so. But people do what they can or feel that they can. If they donated $10 to every post on the internet asking to help the victims they would need their own little donation drive to stay alive.. Not trying to be rude but trying to give you some reasons why...
none taken big dude................I'm just alittle taken aback by all this I guess...............sure didn't mean to offend anyone :D

· Registered
744 Posts
Katrina

The company I work for has started an internal fund raiser which the owner has said he will give 3X's what is raised by the employees. This money will be used to buy supplies that is needed for the people of this tragety. We are also collecting anything non-parishable (Cloths, shoes, blanket, batteries, canned food, ETC.). They have a shipping container to put anything purchased or donated in. Once this container is full, it will be shipped down to the southern states where it is needed (They have set a date of next Wednesday to ship).

Please keep all these victims in your prayers!!

· Registered
87 Posts
Keep in mind there are creative non-financial ways to contribute, too:

My wife is teaching double classes to cover for a fellow teacher who has been deployed to New Orleans (National Guard). It is going to be a bit of a hardship in terms of workload and extra driving but nothing compared to what those folks are going through.

And, of course, pray...

K

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.