Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my 88 camaro project for a more complete 87 S10 Drag strip project today. Feeling pretty good about the trade, I thought I should crawl under the truck again and have a look around. Well, something I thought I would never see, there is a piece of wood, a 2x4, stuck between the frame and the rear end. The frame is actually sitting on the rearend, with that chunk of wood stuck in between. There has to be a better way. In the front end, I was looking to see what the suspension looked like in there... hmm, WHAT SUSPENSION??? No springs, no shocks... nothing. Just sitting on the bump stops. So my question. How do I make this right? The truck is super low. Its pretty much sitting on the bump stops all the way around. The shocks that are on the back end, seem to be on such an angle that they really wouldnt do anything.
Where do I find after market stuff to make this right?
There is a 383 stroker in the front, with a turbo 350 tranny. The rear end is stock, with 4.11 gears.

Please help or bash, but productive bashing would be nice lol

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
Sorry but didn't you look at this thing before you made the trade? Shocks are in the stock location and do nothing for truck ride height. Looks like a bunch of leafs were removed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if you would have seen what I traded for this, it is actually better off that I did make the trade. I almost feel bad for the guy that wanted my camaro oh so bad. I do agree with you, it seems to be a few leafs short of a stack. So maybe a Drag Racing Leaf spring is an option?

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
Look at some split monos and/or caltracs. Bolt in and they work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts