Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
WHO DAT???
15,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn!!! I can't find anyone in the Dallas area that will pin main caps on an LQ9 block??? The machine shops that I ask to do this reply with, why would you want to do that. I tell them the same reason you splay main caps on the good ole SBC. Is there anyone here willing to embrace the 21st century? I understand this is not necessary for a 5 to 600hp build but I will be pushing this block a little harder than that and would like a little insurance. Anyone know someone here in the Dallas area that's doing this?

-Dave

·
Nitrous Junky
10,820 Posts
Eric Konig (sp) is down there some where

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
How about Morgan and Son in Grand Prairie. I know as of late he has buttoned up a couple of pretty stout LS Powerplants. He can do just about anything machine work related.

·
WHO DAT???
15,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll give Morgan and Son a call and see if they can do this. Thanks for the input guys. But do let me know if ya'll know of any other machine shops that's operating in the 21st century.

-Dave

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Have you tried Kim Barr in Garland, 972-272-6121?

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Think Hans moved out towards Azle somewhere. But you can try and see if you can get a hold of him.

Did you try Reher-Morrison? Just trying to throw out some ideas for you to try.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
if you can't find anyone in the dallas area to do this i know west side machine in east houston work on a lot of ls type engines.

·
WHO DAT???
15,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I have to ship this anywhere to get it done I'll ship it to Shawn at Virgina Speed. I guess I just assumed someone in this big city would be up to date on this platform by now. That's what I get for assuming!!! BTW, This motor will be my training wheel motor untill I have the Big Gun built by Shawn.

-Dave

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
:p:p:p:p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts