Yellow Bullet Forums banner

201 - 220 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
We started my son out at 12 yr’s old in a GMC with a 238 hauling fill dirt , funny as Hell if he stalled it on a hill and got it running backwards.

Now fast forward 25 yr’s he’s a Truck nut and is addicted to KT and KTA Cummins and most days is moving machinery in one of his vintage KW’s and a 50 ton lowboy.

When he’s not doing that he’s doing Heavy Truck towing and recovery, he Loves doing Big recoveries the nastier the better he likes it.

Some other thread I'll tell you about our old Mack belching black smoke outta the air cleaner 😆

·
Registered
14,953 Posts
Pathetic dude. You’re pathetic. You make Henry and Erik look good.

Please tell us more about how gas engines are better for towing.......
Not to argue, but what if a gas engine was designed to be artificially aspirated?
How about a N/A diesel vs a N/A gas engine?
This current 3.5 TT will give a 7.3 Power Stroke a run for it's money.

I would love to see the big three offer such a option.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Well, your butt buddy lied and made shit up. I called him on it with facts. I didn't bend shit, I backed up my claims with cold hard honest FACTS.

You weren't there, yet you claim it all as gospel. You've been presented facts in the past but you continue on with your blind love for all things ford narrative......in your own words, "Fuckin’ despicable!"

You don't like it, gather up your little group of make believe minions & liars and make your posts in a moderated section of YB.....until then you get the wrath your stupidity has earned you.
No lying once so ever triple nickel. Sorry.

·
Registered
14,953 Posts
Diesels are not always the best.....
A good N/A gas engine can get to it's power band and reach much higher RPMs.
Gearing plays a big roll in this.
The diesel will have a fuel economy advantage.......
I have examples but just don't feel like typing it out.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Not to argue, but what if a gas engine was designed to be artificially aspirated?
How about a N/A diesel vs a N/A gas engine?
This current 3.5 TT will give a 7.3 Power Stroke a run for it's money.

I would love to see the big three offer such a option.
That was never the question, or your buddy Steve’s statement, gearing was also not discussed.

3.5 TT may well give a 7.3 PS a run lightly loaded, but put 30k behind each one and I think we all know which would win....well, most of us know.

·
Señor Member
26,729 Posts
Fuckin’ despicable! Turning every thread into an attack Steve thread.

Some of y’all really know how to knock the fun out of anything.

I mean does it make you feel smart by taking one specific statement about one specific scenario and bending into whatever you want it to say? Y’all are no better than the mainstream media.

This thread was some raw meat for the resident anti Ford police to chew on. Gives me jollies watching how y’all jump through hoops to rewrite history as if YOU were there yourselves. Casting aspersions about shit you haven’t studied very closely.

No sign of any actual contributions of substance to support your position. I mean heck a lot of stuff happened in the 20th century and there were many imperfect captains of industry, even Tesla had some dark moments but I couldn’t fathom making it my personal duty to announce their transgressions like how y’all jump in every Ford thread I start and call the founder a Nazi.

That’s ^^^ predictable from people that have limited interest in the real story but the stance you guys take is downright slanderous.

BTW a large percentage of diesels are on the way out for light and medium duty trucks. Diesels stink and they suck when they tune them so they don’t stink. Big gas engines are coming back, I think GM is even building a big gasser.

·
Registered
10,972 Posts
Every single Ford post its always the exact same knob lickers that fawk it up. But thats fine. We know what to expect each time. 502, gary, triple knob session and 440. Always the same. Same goofs. Oh shit sorry almost forgot ps.oh yes lumptard.
Try to understand this. Your buddy Henry specifically mentioned me in this thread. So here I am. Just because people are posting factual evidence contrary to what you say, this is your go to.

·
Registered
10,972 Posts
Here's the videos I've seen. I was wrong, not quite twice the weight. 16K (according to what the gentleman says) compared to 30K, so "only" 14K heavier. Now, you mentioned the same statement in another thread, and I asked you to post the video you watched, but never did. Amazingly, like always, you stated your "opinion", and never backed it up with actual facts. Can you show me the video where they are pulling the same weight?
Erik-427? This is the 2nd thread you've said the 7.3 outperformed every diesel, pulling the same weight. You have yet to produce the video you say you watched though. Where is it?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
That was never the question, or your buddy Steve’s statement, gearing was also not discussed.

3.5 TT may well give a 7.3 PS a run lightly loaded, but put 30k behind each one and I think we all know which would win....well, most of us know.
Blah blah. More excuses u lemon. You dont know shit. Thats a fact!!I had exactly the same weight behind the 7.3 and my 12. I know exactly what each will pull. Which is a hell of lot more than u can say cause im willing to bet u never even sat in one.

·
Registered
10,972 Posts
Blah blah. More excuses u lemon. You dont know shit. Thats a fact!!I had exactly the same weight behind the 7.3 and my 12. I know exactly what each will pull. Which is a hell of lot more than u can say cause im willing to bet u never even sat in one.
Yet you won't touch the fact my brother in law's 6.2 has more HP than my Duramax, but with a heavier truck and rig, I can run away from him at a stop light.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Heres a a clip i took from some engineering papers i had. Very interesting. This is for what he calls set mass. Or a specific weight.

So a technical answer to the question of, “What makes acceleration: torque or horsepower?”, is torque.
But torque at the wheels—not at the engine.
And becauase acceleration is torque at the wheels, the real answer is horsepower, because horsepower encompasses not only the engine’s torque but the total torque that gets delivered to the wheels.

·
Registered
10,972 Posts
Heres a a clip i took from some engineering papers i had. Very interesting. This is for what he calls set mass. Or a specific weight.

So a technical answer to the question of, “What makes acceleration: torque or horsepower?”, is torque.
But torque at the wheels—not at the engine.
And becauase acceleration is torque at the wheels, the real answer is horsepower, because horsepower encompasses not only the engine’s torque but the total torque that gets delivered to the wheels.
I'm curious, what are Cat engines used for? And why do they build these to make so much more torque, than HP?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
LOL You go girl! Cherry pick what YOU want. Forget the fact we are talking about TOWING, not drag racing.
502 not cherry picking nothing. Drag racing in case you cant figure it out is moving a mass from point a to point b as quickly as possible. Doesn’t matter the mass. What all you guys are forgetting about the 7.3 is it has a 10 spd transmission. Which keeps the engine at its peak 435hp. Huge difference over my diesel. Sorry.

·
Registered
10,972 Posts
502 not cherry picking nothing. Drag racing in case you cant figure it out is moving a mass from point a to point b as quickly as possible. Doesn’t matter the mass. What all you guys are forgetting about the 7.3 is it has a 10 spd transmission. Which keeps the engine at its peak 435hp. Huge difference over my diesel. Sorry.
Stick the 10 speed in the diesel, guess who wins....
Yes, you cherry picked an article geared towards drag racing, not towing. So why are those Cat engines built for torque, and not HP? It's all about moving mass from point a to point b, right?

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Lol, and more nonsense and foolish claims from you. Also, can you please explain to me what calling someone a lemon is supposed to mean? You’ve used it several times in here, but to most of us you haven’t made much sense at all.....is it some kind of Canadian insult?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
The big rig diesels are made for heavy loads and lumbering along at slow speeds. That offers good milage and longevity. Could a gas engine be made to do same? Yes. However the caveat is always economy. The gas engine when made to the same cubic inch say. 15 litres like most big diesels would eat gas to no end.

201 - 220 of 255 Posts