Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
On the flow bench
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
afternoon guys
any one go contacts for Hyster forklift trucks?
Hyster 50 XMX model
serial number D177B12930 R

im chasing a C240 isuzu engine?
anyone got any contacts?

thanks
ash

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Yer. Hauled the fuckers for two years.

Wanting a new motor or a used one?

I still got all the contacts at the assembly plant/shipping department in Berea Kentucky where that one was built.

·
On the flow bench
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
On the flow bench
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yer. Hauled the fuckers for two years.

Wanting a new motor or a used one?

I still got all the contacts at the assembly plant/shipping department in Berea Kentucky where that one was built.
New or rebuilt John
Is the workshop unit, sort of stuffed without it

Yer, send the details or I'll ring you on the weekend mate

·
On the flow bench
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, Hyster is just very proud of their parts.

You will be better off finding a local rebuilder or getting a reman than trying to get one through Hyster.

I worked for a Hyster dealership for 13 years.
I can buy a new forklift for there price for engine

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
I hate to tell you, but VERY few of the C240 engines were brought into the USA. The D177 was built in Craigavon, Northern Ireland and finish-assembled in Greenville, NC. I designed some of the fuel system, frame, and hydraulic system on that truck. I remember having a field report run when I needed to see one in person, and there were almost zero here in the USA. Your best bet would be to have someone rebuild it, or check with industrial or marine applications (I think they were used in some sailboats). The 4JG2 was also offered as a higher powered option, IIRC there were few mounting differences so a swap would be feasible if you could find one of that model.

On edit: Didn't see where you were from! At least in Australia there were more shipped than to the USA. The final assembly was done in Sydney instead of Greenville. You might see if anyone at NMHG in Sydney has any info, but someone dealing in used marine stuff may be your best bet.

·
On the flow bench
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hate to tell you, but VERY few of the C240 engines were brought into the USA. The D177 was built in Craigavon, Northern Ireland and finish-assembled in Greenville, NC. I designed some of the fuel system, frame, and hydraulic system on that truck. I remember having a field report run when I needed to see one in person, and there were almost zero here in the USA. Your best bet would be to have someone rebuild it, or check with industrial or marine applications (I think they were used in some sailboats). The 4JG2 was also offered as a higher powered option, IIRC there were few mounting differences so a swap would be feasible if you could find one of that model.

On edit: Didn't see where you were from! At least in Australia there were more shipped than to the USA. The final assembly was done in Sydney instead of Greenville. You might see if anyone at NMHG in Sydney has any info, but someone dealing in used marine stuff may be your best bet.
Cheers thanks mate

1 - 12 of 12 Posts