Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
home unit:

is it possible to introduce air by not cracking the lines open properly on the manifold....

I think I fucked up and now I have air in the lines, I can hear it gurgling and slushing around and the charge did not help with the cooling?...

if so, how do I bleed the air out?....is that even possible?

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
If you have air in it your high side pressure would be extremely high. What type of pressure are you running.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yes it is possible to introduce fresh air when charging... When I add refrigerant to a system I will hook up my gauges, hook up to my bottle but leave bottle loose, open up my low side of manifold and and purge refrigerant to bottle, just for a couple seconds.... When purged enough tighten up bottle connection clost low side, zero out the scale and add refrigerant. Don't kno if that helps but when I add refrigerant that is how I do it.. Also usually if there is air or noncondesibles in refrigerant your high pressure will flicker..

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
How much charge did you add? Did you add to a "low" system? If so, then there is a leak somewhere (leak = air getting into the lines all the time). It's not uncommon to hear the refrigerant gurgling in the lines. Did you check superheat/ subcooling? If so, what readings are you getting? What is your supply/ return temperature difference? Not trying to be a smartass, but these are things I would need to know before I could say where the problem may lie.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes it is possible to introduce fresh air when charging... When I add refrigerant to a system I will hook up my gauges, hook up to my bottle but leave bottle loose, open up my low side of manifold and and purge refrigerant to bottle, just for a couple seconds.... When purged enough tighten up bottle connection clost low side, zero out the scale and add refrigerant. Don't kno if that helps but when I add refrigerant that is how I do it.. Also usually if there is air or noncondesibles in refrigerant your high pressure will flicker..
x2

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
yoiu are probably hearing gas in the liquid line.On a undercharged unit you wll have gas and liquid,you should have a solid column of liquid.Without the pressures its hard to tell.Watch your gauges and the non-condenibles will spike the head pressures as it travels thru the compressor.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know enough to answer any off those questions....dude came over with a bottle of 22, and some gauges. after all was side and done I started thinking about having not purged the lines. and here we are...

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yoiu are probably hearing gas in the liquid line.On a undercharged unit you wll have gas and liquid,you should have a solid column of liquid.Without the pressures its hard to tell.Watch your gauges and the non-condenibles will spike the head pressures as it travels thru the compressor.
that gauge reading is rock steady...

·
Registered
283 Posts
What is the indoor temp... With r-22 suction pressure will be +-5 psi of indoor temp... So if 72 degrees suction pressure ( low pressure) will be 67-77. As a rule of thumb. What is high pressure reading.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If it is 76 degrees inside and there is no moisture forming on suction line I would add more....just me, not having all the info sounds like it needs more refrigerant..

1 - 20 of 252 Posts