Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of my techs went on a service call yesterday 65 degrees outdoor, 67 degrees indoor, and all seemed normal, but was concerned about the low suction pressure reading.. Subcool is spot on, Carrier tag calls for 10 degrees..Filters & evap are clean, don't think TXV is stuck, but maybe "partially" closed.. Anyway, leaving it as it, but curious as to your thoughts.. Suction and liquid line temps seem normal as well, just low back pressure reading...Again, pros only.. Thx..

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Go back on a warmer day, or put a charging blanket on it and check it.

I use a set of SMAN 3's. I like Fieldpiece's equipment.

·
Registered
49,800 Posts
my tvx goodman runs a fairly large split between high and low side, almost 8:1 so suction is around 40-60 psi at 72* and high side above 380. seems normal for r410 with my 2 units.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
One of my techs went on a service call yesterday 65 degrees outdoor, 67 degrees indoor, and all seemed normal, but was concerned about the low suction pressure reading.. Subcool is spot on, Carrier tag calls for 10 degrees..Filters & evap are clean, don't think TXV is stuck, but maybe "partially" closed.. Anyway, leaving it as it, but curious as to your thoughts.. Suction and liquid line temps seem normal as well, just low back pressure reading...Again, pros only.. Thx..

What was the reason for the service call? Is it icing up?
What where the pressures ? At 65 degrees the suction pressure will read pretty low .

·
Satans Daddy
16,813 Posts
A home a/c business owner asking for help from a "pro only" on Yellerbullet! LMFAO
Over your head much. LOL

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
40+ years HVAC business owner, retired now. At 10 degrees SC, you are way off the left of charging chart. anything you do to adjust charge will have you over-filling it. Leave it & return when ODA is higher. I’m assuming this is not a HP.

·
Ask me about my Weiner!..
7,793 Posts
Get a temp/pressure chart then look up the directions how to use it. There’s your “pro” answer ?. ( I’m in transport Refrigeration not residential. Same concept ).

·
Registered
730 Posts

Need pressure and temp number, normal don’t count.

·
Registered
18,864 Posts
Op, judging from the responses of the Pro's in here, it sounds like you should step away from the day to day operations of your company .

·
Registered
4,626 Posts

Not enough info to determine anything. Some thoughts; the indoor/outdoor ambients are really too low to say much. If your tech was unsure, he could have run the furnace with the AC on to false loaded the house and covering the condenser to false load it.

One thing that's concerning to me is you mention sub-cooling on a TXV system. While subcooling is important, it's importance is limited to higher loads and checking condenser efficiency. At those low temperatures, I wouldn't be surprised if there was 30 degrees of subcooling. The TXV relies on suction line temperatures and your tech should be measuring "superheat", not subcooling.

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Come on dude, what the hell? You do realize that all ac guys are fucking thieves right? Turn the shit off and open the windows. It is a scam, they get you all comfortable and then on the hottest day charge you $500 for a capacitor that you can buy on amazon for $1.38 with free shipping. Human beings lived for thousands of years without ac. Dont be a pussy!

·
Message In Blood
2,025 Posts
Come on dude, what the hell? You do realize that all ac guys are fucking thieves right? Turn the shit off and open the windows. It is a scam, they get you all comfortable and then on the hottest day charge you $500 for a capacitor that you can buy on amazon for $1.38 with free shipping. Human beings lived for thousands of years without ac. Dont be a pussy!
:p

·
WHAT NOW ?
17,044 Posts
Indoor and outdoor ambient 's Are both to low to get Accurate anything.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts