Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hutch' which seems to be the better front band in a C4? The Rigid band or the welded flex band...I been running the welded flex that broader/pa sells for years...I have heard different things on these bands...thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,474 Posts
The problem is the lack of ridgid band cores so the alternative is the welded flex. If you get too agressive with pressure and big servo's you will eventually break the tabs off the welded bands but thats not the end of the world. I have some ridgid cores left that I use but when they run out I will have no choice but to also switch to the welded flex bands.

Hutch

·
Registered
189 Posts
we only use flex very seldom do we see band failures just my 2 cents btw we dont weld them either,there are 2 different flex cores but only one good one.

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have never seen one fail ' but just wondered which one was ran the most...I know a trans shop here where i live are paying $20 for the rigid bands..Like hutch said' they getting hard to find..But i have noticed every trans i go into has the flex band...No matter if its pa/broader/jims/tci...The welded one that broader has looks real good...thanks

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here is the one broader sells....They say the welded flex is real close to the same power wise...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts