Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Waiting on Hutches reply, but I use them with great success in TH400, and TH350's intermediates and directs with High Energy Borg Warner Frictions. The combo seems to hold up well in 'brake applications. I won't use anything but Kolene steels and BW High Energy frictions in the 3-4's in my race 4L60E's. This combo seems to hold up better than any other, especially when putting a '60E in the 9's in a 4300# car...LOL.

Frank

·
from across the pond...
6,936 Posts
I know what Hutch will say,but i've also used them with good luck, particularly in a Glide high and rev.
Not so keen on using them in TH400's. I'd rather use BW smooth and stock flat steels in that trans.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I know what Hutch will say,but i've also used them with good luck, particularly in a Glide high and rev.
Not so keen on using them in TH400's. I'd rather use BW smooth and stock flat steels in that trans.
Any particular reason you don't like them in the 400's? I haven't seen any issues with them holding up, but then again, my customers probably aren't leaning on them as hard as others are. My quickest is only running high 8's

Frank

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
I use them in anything I build for performance. P/G,TH350,TH400. And have great luck with them. I've torn apart $3000 P/G's just for freashin ups and found what looks like tumbled stock steel and havent found any issues with them either. I think its more of a user's choice thing.

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good....I been reading where lots of guys were blasting them before using them....Didnt see the purpose....I been using B/W frictions for years in the C4's i build and had great luck...Some uses all smooth frictions and others dont...I need a place to buy some 60thous clutches and steels....My B/W frictions are 59 or 60 but some want the alto reds...I just need some regular 60thous steels also....thanks

·
from across the pond...
6,936 Posts
Any particular reason you don't like them in the 400's? I haven't seen any issues with them holding up, but then again, my customers probably aren't leaning on them as hard as others are. My quickest is only running high 8's

Frank
No reason apart from the fact that in 99.9% of TH400's i do they work really well. No use rocking the boat..:D
I'm sure they would be fine though...

·
Super Moderator
19,471 Posts
They are a durable steel and you have to get that black film off them before using them. I don't care for them too much as I do not have problems with the parts combinations I use now and would rather see the customers spend money in a different area.

Hutch

·
Registered
357 Posts
GET THE BLACK oxide salt bath heat treatment off with scotch brite green pad,by hand not air tool
that way will not impregnate it self onto the new clutch face
so it won't give the new clutch plates that fried look when you inspect it at end of race time.
only use then in 400 with a t/brake direct clutch only
not in anyother trans at all.:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts