1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
How do you get to bid on these?

·
Registered
107 Posts
The cars in Waverly, NY are in fact all flood cars and there are a bunch more waiting to be cleaned up in a fenced in lot. These cars have been sitting here since the flood. There seems to be alot of vettes, and classic cars, along with some street rods.

I can't believe the prices these jalopies are bringing!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I can't believe the prices these jalopies are bringing!
No kidding. I figured a guy would be able to pick up a flood car for pennies on the dollar since so much stuff is going to be wrong with them, but I was wrong! They are bringing crazy prices for stuff that is largely junk now.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Prices seemed a little high for some of the hot rods and classics. Anything electrical will need to be pulled out and replaced. A friend and I bought a flood car a few years back. Thought we could fix it up and make some money. BIG mistake. The car was nothing but trouble. Total junk. We were lucky and got our money back out of it. Sent that junk down the road.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Once they are flooded in salt water forget it there junk that salt water goes in all the places that you won't see till it rots through! i fixed a couple of trucks for a local construction company 2 weeks after sandy they were a disaster!anywhere there was water there is rust and corosion and the smell!thats the worst part.All new wiring that didnt have weather seals all eletronics shorted batteries carpet,all seat cusions and covers .

·
Registered
14,154 Posts
All the cars in Waverly will be Sandy cars. Look at the rotors....

·
And I call you dipshit.
5,348 Posts
My father went to ETown last week to renew his permanent number. He said the entire property was packed with flood cars, door to door. Everything from a 59 Caddy to a Kia was just sitting waiting to be cleaned up and auctioned off.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts