Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've struggled all day with trying to find some way to help the victims of Katrina. I asked and God has shown me what to do. We have Pastor friends in Plattenville, LA which is just northwest of New Orleans (we hung out with them and they hung out with us last year at the Belle Rose race, they even helped with the cookout).

I spoke with Broxie about an hour ago. They've taken in about 90 refugees. They have plenty of volunteers and supplies for now, but need help paying the electric bill. This is a small struggling church.

Our ministry will be sending them a $100 donation tomorrow. I've emailed our home church pastors, they will make a donation tomorrow as well. If you'd like to help out, their website Community Worship Center. You can get their mailing address from there under the about us tab. They are getting some mail, however depending on where it comes from, it might get kicked back if it has to go through New Orleans. I do have their bank account and routing number if you'd like to make a direct deposit... that's what we're going to do. Just email me and I'll send you the info. [email protected]

God bless,
Mark

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rod!

·
Registered
744 Posts
The company I work for has started an internal fund raiser which the owner has said he will give 3X's what is raised by the employees. This money will be used to buy supplies that is needed for the people of this tragety. We are also collecting anything non-parishable (Cloths, shoes, blanket, batteries, canned food, ETC.). They got a shipping container to put anything purchased or donated in. Once this container is full, it will be shipped down to the southern states where it is needed (They have set a date of next Wednesday to ship).

Please keep all these victims in your prayers!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts