Discussion Starter #1
Had a blow out last night
Looks lile I need to replace them all
15 in wheel
What the better choice

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I bought Provider trailer tires. They are rated high by etrailer. I bought 4 235/85/16 on new wheels for $400 and sold my old wheels and tires for $200. Every couple of years I'll do this for peace of mind.
Walmart.com had just the tire for $67 so I bought 1 there and replaced my spare too.

·
I kill parts
10,282 Posts
I'll second the H901's. We've been running them under our light duty(dual 8-lug) trailers at work and I just put them under my enclosed a few months back. Really solid tire.

Have personally never had any luck with a Goodyear trailer tire, and haven't known them to be an American company in a few decades now.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I’ve ran both and can’t say anything bad about either. I think the maxxis may have lasted a tad longer but hard to say with no odometer

·
Registered
750 Posts
I purchased my 2010 24' enclosed new and the manufacturer suggested ordering with the Goodyear Marathon 16" tires. I ran them until last year with no issues.

I decided to change them out last year and I went to the Goodyear Endurance which is a USA built tire. I like the Endurance tires and I would recommend them to others.

I think that there are three things which contribute to good trailer tire life.
1. Watch your axle weights
2. speed, I stay under 65 mph
3. air pressure, keep the tires up at the maximum recommended
pressures.

The damage to your trailer created by a blown tire just isn't worth running old under inflated tires.

·
Registered
14,872 Posts
I purchased my 2010 24' enclosed new and the manufacturer suggested ordering with the Goodyear Marathon 16" tires. I ran them until last year with no issues.

I decided to change them out last year and I went to the Goodyear Endurance which is a USA built tire. I like the Endurance tires and I would recommend them to others.

I think that there are three things which contribute to good trailer tire life.
1. Watch your axle weights
2. speed, I stay under 65 mph
3. air pressure, keep the tires up at the maximum recommended
pressures.

The damage to your trailer created by a blown tire just isn't worth running old under inflated tires.

That one change has made a huge difference in the life I get out of my trailer tires. And I only went down from 70 to 65. I would not have believed it could make that much difference, but it did. Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Registered
71 Posts
On one of my last trips I noticed that one tire was running hotter than the other 4. I reduced my speed from 65 to 55 and the temp also reduced about 10*. I believe your IR temp gun is your trailers best friend.

·
I kill parts
10,282 Posts
Providers are what came on my trailer factory, they lasted about 3 years. I have had Marathoners in the past with worse luck yet, have a set on my tandem open trailer for the atv's right now and have already had two blow outs inside of 2 years. Always check air before we leave, keep it inside of 72mph, typically 65-68.

We had the Gladiators on for 4 years, then due to age went to the H901's. So far, I really like them. The stiffer sidewall seems to keep them much cooler, which makes sense because they flex a lot less. Getting 3-4 years out of them under our equipment trailers, which is dang good per the usage of construction trailers.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts