Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
8357 Giant Squid caught just last night, People don't realize this is a SERIOUS problem along the ENTIRE WEST COAST from CHILE to Alaska, These bastards are eating up everything. I heard from a friend yesterday that he couldn't even catch a Mackeral locally (which used to be plentiful in our local waters just 1 week ago). These things multiply worse than Rabbits & grow up to 100 lbs the 1st year & consume 10% of their body weight DAILY, NOw with over 8300 of them caught just last night, You do the math of HOW MUCH FISH they're eating just in Orange County CA. It's only a matter before the only thing left to catch in the ocean period is HUMBOLDT SQUID :finga:

Just the other day 100's in not 1000's of them washed up on one of the beaches down the street (The Pier)

http://sanclemente.patch.com/articles/fishing-humboldt-squid-wash-up-on-san-clemente-beaches

·
Push Me Shove You
5,886 Posts
8357 Giant Squid caught just last night, People don't realize this is a SERIOUS problem along the ENTIRE WEST COAST from CHILE to Alaska, These bastards are eating up everything. I heard from a friend yesterday that he couldn't even catch a Mackeral locally (which used to be plentiful in our local waters just 1 week ago). These things multiply worse than Rabbits & grow up to 100 lbs the 1st year & consume 10% of their body weight DAILY, NOw with over 8300 of them caught just last night, You do the math of HOW MUCH FISH they're eating just in Orange County CA. It's only a matter before the only thing left to catch in the ocean period is HUMBOLDT SQUID :finga:

Just the other day 100's in not 1000's of them washed up on one of the beaches down the street (The Pier)
To bad thers no Asian market for them they'd be wiped out in a few months....:smt102

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That would be awesome, Unfortunately the ONLY things that feed off of them are Whales, Sharks & Seals.....EVERYTHING else in the water is pray.........

If they're not on the east coast yet, give it a few years unfortunately

To bad thers no Asian market for them they'd be wiped out in a few months....:smt102

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
28,142 Posts
mmmm, calimari steaks.

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They used to ONLY be found in the Sea Of Cortez just a handful of years ago, As mentioned above they're now found from Chile to Alaska & migrating faster than the illegals crossing out borders :(

I thought they were this huge mysterious creature like three years ago.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
theres a few markets for them, but there so abundant it doesnt pay much and not alot of commercial guys target them.

when I was still on the west coat I used to throw em in the compost pile

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
I am sure these are the reason why cali and north mexican waters have suffered the last 10 years, or part of it. Shark over fishing has let these beasts obliterate everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts