Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody out there use these guys either currently or in the past? any comments on their work and service? if anyone uses them, would you care to share a little about your setup and results you've had with their product(s)? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
168 Posts
We got a few sets about 7 years ago when I worked for rcr...The craftsmanship was really good but didnt set the world on fire..they were not off alot maybe 10 hp or so if i remember correctly but looked really nice..Al Dickson is the guys name and been doing heads for along time..

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
We got a few sets about 7 years ago when I worked for rcr...The craftsmanship was really good but didnt set the world on fire..they were not off alot maybe 10 hp or so if i remember correctly but looked really nice..Al Dickson is the guys name and been doing heads for along time..

X2 We had them back when I worked for Roush about the same time.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I heard alot of good stuff about them. I know they have a badass cnc program for my heads. and as soon as I can save up some money my heads will be heading their way.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Jason.... something like that being said on the net is probably better to be put into a PM. Just a suggestion, Cup heads are pretty picky pieces, doesn't mean the guy doesn't know anything... and considering there are a few guys on here I respect giving them props... well that could be like someone saying they have seen your heads get picked up with a VJ. That wouldn't be something you would like to read online right?

Bret

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Jason.... something like that being said on the net is probably better to be put into a PM. Just a suggestion, Cup heads are pretty picky pieces, doesn't mean the guy doesn't know anything... and considering there are a few guys on here I respect giving them props... well that could be like someone saying they have seen your heads get picked up with a VJ. That wouldn't be something you would like to read online right?

Bret
I don't mean any disrespect Bret, But I don't think he said Al did bad work he and Tom both said that their work looked very nice just off a few on the cup stuff and I agree the cup stuff is tricky but smallblockcamaro did ask how they performed and he said what he knew its not like he was bashing Al and said he sucks and you need to bring the heads to me, Like some of the people on here.

·
Registered
168 Posts

Bret
I sure didnt mean for to sound that way...i shouldnt have said that about setting the world on fire...definitely not my style hrd is a very respected company and have done tons of heads for alot of different race teams and have won races with there heads and if they had been ten better i would have said that also..and as far as the valve job comment its happened before and will probably happen again cant win them all and no i wouldnt like people talkin about it on the net..

·
Registered
794 Posts
I heard alot of good stuff about them. I know they have a badass cnc program for my heads. and as soon as I can save up some money my heads will be heading their way.

I know its been a while, but my heads are now at HRD. shipped them out last month, should be getting them back hopefully next week. I will post up how well they improved when I get them back.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I have a set of his GM 363 heads going on a pump gas 421sbc soon. It should be around 11:1. hoping for a 10.80 run on pump gas. I have my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
794 Posts
well I still havent got my heads back yet. I called my machine shop on Monday, he told me he talked to Al that morning and Al said that my heads will be shipped Wed, morning. as of yesterday, they still have not shipped out. I hate playing the waiting game. I still need to order pistons, but cant til I get the cc of my combustion chambers. I hope the end results are worth waiting for.

·
Registered
794 Posts
still havent heard from HRD, this is getting old...

has anyone else had problems with them? a quoted "couple of weeks" is turning into a couple of months...

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Not with them, but it's the hight of the race season. Right now, everyones kinda backed up! Not saying it's right, but this is going to happen this time of year... Good luck, hope you get your heads soon. Post some good pic's!

T-flow

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
still havent heard from HRD, this is getting old...

has anyone else had problems with them? a quoted "couple of weeks" is turning into a couple of months...
They are a top notch shop, .. and like with any top shop this time
of year it is frantically busy, .. crazy, crazy busy, ..
every supplier I have is behind, ..

just the way it is over the winter race engine building season, ..

curtis

1 - 20 of 26 Posts