Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about how much HP would one lose going from 14-1 gas to 12-1 on E85 with everything else stayin the same. also what is the diff in HP ratings per point of comp.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
about how much HP would one lose going from 14-1 gas to 12-1 on E85 with everything else stayin the same. also what is the diff in HP ratings per point of comp.
So myself or someone can maybe anwer this question, where are you going with this? Comp ratio is only 1 part of the equation so give us more to work with.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So myself or someone can maybe anwer this question, where are you going with this? Comp ratio is only 1 part of the equation so give us more to work with.
starting to get parts put together for a street/strip thing, mostly street. have been pondering the E85 thing and just wondering how much HP loss there is with going this way. E85 here is $2.50 a gallon and good gas is at least $7.00 depending on where you get it. as of so far i am going to build a 454 or 496 with 049 heads, eagle rottating assy with a JE or ROSS piston roller cam and spray 2-300 worth of NOS. if there is not a shit load of HP loss between a gas motor and E85 i will probly go the E85 rought. sorry for any wasted time reading this post :smt081

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
No waste of time at all. If we don't ask questions how do we learn?
I am a methanol guy so I am a E85 fan. Are you thinking about EFI or a carb? As far as the Hp thing I would contact somone on here like Curtis or Mike and see what they can do with those heads or what might be a better choice. Its the right combo that is going to run great and make good clean power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts