Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive never tryed one out.

how much do you guys think these are worth, from what ive read and been told there is HP with a correct setup. any back to back test with them and which ones are you using

im looking at this style

thanks

·
Super Moderator
35,269 Posts
Who makes that one Bob? I have seen hp on the dyno with isolators. Small amounts, and some just because the fuel curve gets straightened out a little ... I use to isolate my own stuff, and some customer stuff but got away from it for some reason...??? :confused:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
I dont know it its the vibration or the signal sent to the carb. My stuff when it was Carbed always ran better with a 4 hole spacer down to 1/2 sometimes, even if it was on top of a open spacer.

·
Super Moderator
35,269 Posts
It's a vibration issue with the needle and seat assembly, and possibly some fuel aeration?

What it translates to on the track I can't confirm never A-B-A'd it on the track. I have however on the dyno when I was racing my own car.... and like I said, everything evened out a little which translates into hp.... what we see on the track from it? Given the dynamics of a racecar accelerating, shifts, wheel stands, launchs etc....... not sure.

I use to isolate mine with a 1/4" Oring between the carb spacer, and manifold. Then I would put orings between the carb nuts and the carb base.

Probably not as effective as this gizmo though..... looks nice.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
We tried these at Bartons on the super stock hemi's a few years ago and didn't see any gains at all on the dyno of course.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts